Opinions on lights

Chief

I am going to change out my lights. I currently have 3 X 400 watt Single Ended XM 20K's.

No actinic lighting. I do not like the color of the 20k's. It is too blue for me. I think I would rather have 14-15k's or 10k's with actinic supplementation.

What are your opinions? I need help deciding what to buy next.

Jay

Guest Mbeef61

i have hamiton 14k with 2 super actinc and 1 daylight actinic....awesome color....ive heard radiums 20k are awesome...check out coral reef pet center to see them in action i know jason likes them

Are you planning on changing the whole set-up or just the bulbs?

If just changing bulbs, I used 400w single ended 10,000k and 2 x 75w VHO actinic supplements for my first set of pendants and was quite pleased.

For my second set I used a combination of Ushio 250W HQI 10,000k, Radium 150w HQI 20,000k, URI 75w VHO actinic, and URI VHO 75w 50/50 in each pendant, absolutely loved it. Obviously this would be a different set-up.

I guess I've just always liked 10,000k with supplemental lighting. Straight 20,000k with nothing else is just too blue for my taste. I have no experience with the 14-15,000k bulbs so can't make any comparisons.

Maybe you could just pull out one or two of the 20,000k bulbs you presently have and replace them with 10,000k bulbs and see how like it then? baby steps 'til you find something you like :)

HTH,

James