Modern Tank Mashup

Bombertech

I've been mulling over an upgrade to the 6 gallon fluval edge for a couple months... Looking for inspiration, I usually draft up mock-ups of over the top ideas that pop into my mind. Here's a fun one!

Mash-up of a 24 Cube, Drop Off Tank, and the Fluval Edge. Or as I dubbed it, the "24 Ledge". 1/2 to allow it to hang off the side of the stand, just over 45 Gallons.

A tad large for my tastes, would be cool in a 15 gallon size...

24CubeDropoffEdge3_zpsdec13c03.jpg

24CubeDropoffEdge4_zps9aae1c21.jpg

24CubeDropoffEdge6_zps1df8f9db.jpg

24CubeDropoffEdge8_zps45e55dc7.jpg

24CubeDropoffEdge9_zps996e40e8.jpg

Haha, Yeah, I was going for something that induced panic :) A 6 inch overhang would probably push it more towards a 3/4 inch bottom. Anchoring on the back would keep it from tipping. The key would be in eliminating any flex in the side panels. I usually draw up something over the top weird every few weeks for reference later.

Haha, in all seriousness, will probably be doing a glass 20 gal dropoff minus the hanging part. I do like the topdown look of the fluval though. I liked the look of the two step stand so a faksies dropoff is an easy way to go. Just so happen to have a standard 20 sitting in the garage, meh meh meh.

Just need to cut a piece to replace the rim for the top. Good weekend project :)

• Like 1