Protein Skimmer- ASM G-3

BeasileyBub

ASM G-3 Protein Skimmer. Rate for up to 250 gaL. $65??? I have no idea. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make offers if that isn't a reasonable price. I'd like it to find a good home. Currently, it has been cleaned and has been living in a box. forgotten. alone..... :'(

I inherited this skimmer when I acquired my 120 gaL. So I'm not really sure of the age. BUT it works reliably.

There are cosmetic scratches on the outside of the skimmer and do not effect efficiency. Comes with pump, sponge filter dealio thing (see website photo for further clarification). It runs quietly.

Nothing too complicated. I switched to a skimmer with a smaller footprint and don't have a tank that required the Umph this thing can kick out.

http://www.aquacave.com/asm-g-3-protein-skimmer.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13708[/ATTACH]

post-9275-141867791506_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Unfortunately the skimmer was not functioning. I had taken the skimmer out of my aquarium a few months ago with it running. I ran it through vinegar and didn't think much more about it. I sent it off not realizing it wasn't functioning as the impeller was shoddy. I granted jayR the refund he requested. However, now he's selling it on the Vancouver craigslist for $30-40. Very classy.

So if anyone of you want the skimmer I gave to JR for free. Here is the link:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/4714227301.html

Bump

Unfortunately the skimmer was not functioning. I had taken the skimmer out of my aquarium a few months ago with it running. I ran it through vinegar and didn't think much more about it. I sent it off not realizing it wasn't functioning as the impeller was shoddy. I granted jayR the refund he requested. However, now he's selling it on the Vancouver craigslist for $30-40. Very classy.

So if anyone of you want the skimmer I gave to JR for free. Here is the link:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/4714227301.html

Looks like he's trying to sell it for $100, and that the impeller that's needed to get the pump working is around $30-40.

Be wary of him as a member. He hasn't been responding to my messages. Super sleazy.

First off... The impeller was rusted into the body of the pump, so I highly doubt this skimmer ran a few months ago and was run with vinegar shortly thereafter.

If I would've known it wasn't working I would have NOT bought it!

Even with the partial refund I lost $18.

I posted on craigslist & sold it to a local reefer for $35 kind of low balled me but was cool about it (no one pays full price on CL)

So I made an extra $17 bucks... and you come on here talking junk!

And it took me over an hour to get the rusted impeller out.

Some advice for you RookieBub:

1. Sell stuff that works or at least state sold AS IS!

2. Mind your own business... our transaction was DONE! why the hell do you care what I do with MY property.(flame)

I've been a contributing member on these forums since 2007 and have been trading/selling & helping many reefers along the way, so relax rookie!(peace)