Need an ID

DChemist

(Found out that N. inermis is a cold-water species ranging from CA to AK. Not likely to work out, even if it was available for aquaria, which it apparently isn't. Sorry. I was really hoping to find something to help you out.) :(

Darren - I would at least frag off pieces of the montis' date=' dip them, and have someone hold them for a few months until your tank is free of the nudis. Then you at least can regrow the montis. Use TMPCC for dipping and inspect for eggs. If you are clipping areas that have not been eaten they will probably be egg free. At least you can salvage something from this, don't just resign your montis to death.[/quote']

Agree with Myles, your Montis are too beautiful to just let them become salad bar for the nudis.

In addition, I also now have a 70 Gallon spare tank and a 175 Gallon Tub, both set-up with circulation and lights that could accomodate for your big Montis ,whether you want to keep them alone or as frags.

If anything, I'll be happy to save the healthy part of your montis, which you'll be able to return to your tank once it is pest free

JLMK, they can stay in there as long as it takes to kill those booggers.;)

• 2 weeks later...

There's a thread on the Borneman's Marine Depot forum "Monti eating Nudis"... http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic68435-9-1.aspx

In it he posted, "If you can hang tight until next month's ReefKeeping magazine, I'll have some information for all of you. Good news, actually."

When I asked him to share the info before publishing in the ReefKeeping magazine he said, "I just talked to Mitch Carl today and asked him to confirm what I found. If he finds the same thing, I'll think about it, okay?"

I wonder if folks from here could politely encourage him to share the information- especially if it means hobbyists would get educated and some corals could be saved? I find it frustrating that someone would withold this sort of information.

On that thread, Borneman posted, "Do you have them really bad and are dying to treat some corals. If so, just email me. I'm not putting it out in public just yet and I'm going to make you give me back data in return. Deal?"

I sent him an e-mail this morning- I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

When you battled them- did you beat them? I'm not finding many success stories..

Sorry I just now came back to this thread.

yes I beat them. I threw away all the montis in the tank :( and didnt add any for about 6 weeks.

There was only like 6 or so, so it wasnt the end of the world for me.

On that thread, Borneman posted, "Do you have them really bad and are dying to treat some corals. If so, just email me. I'm not putting it out in public just yet and I'm going to make you give me back data in return. Deal?"

I sent him an e-mail this morning- I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Thats much better!