Small external pump?

impur

I had been using a Quiet one 1200 for the recirc on my CA reactor but the intake nipple broke yesterday. So i need another one, and the Quiet one is anything but quiet.

Could someone recommend a smaller pump, roughtly 100-300gph, that can be plumbed externally and is somewhat quiet?

I have the 1048 pump, most all cal reactors unless its huge will come with that pump. It pushes 300 GPH, more than enough to get the co2 fused water through the media.

examples are:

Knop C

Koralline 1502

And a number of others.

Actually:

Eheim 1048 Universal Pump:

Pump Output: 158 gph

Delivery Head: 4`11"

Power Consumption: 10 W (115V)

Hose Connection (Suction Side): 1/2"

Hose Connection (Pressure Side): 1/2"

Dimensions: 5.8" x 3.0" x 4.7"

Weight: 2.0 lbs

But i get what your saying ;) I'm gonna search for a used one. Thanks for the info.

Ha ha! They are getting cheaper. Found a place that sells the 1048 for 49.00 new.

Has anyone used the hydor externals? Like the L20??

Hydor L20 is a 185GPH magnetically powered, small centrifugal pump that can either be used INLINE or SUBMERSIBLE.

Max Flowrate 185GPH (700l/h)

Delivery Head 50" (135cm)

Power consumption 14W (Export Version- 230/240V AC – 50/60 Hz)

1/2"OD (13mm) barbed fittings on both suction and pressure sides.

Dimensions without accessories (fittings,suction cups etc.): length:3.5"(89mm) width:2"(51mm)height:3" (76mm)

Exceptional Reliability

Long Lasting

Quiet Operation

Compact Design

Simple Cleaning and maintenance

Provided with filter foam. By taking off the filter lid and using the 1/2"ID tube fittings L20 can easily be installed for non-submersible (Inline) use - Inline use is the ideal solution for PC Liquid Cooling and strongly recommended!

Built-in thermal protector to prevent overheating!

Only 35 bucks.

I'm getting it from a guy in NC who's selling his tank. Said he's had it for a few months and never opened the box ;)

But here is the place i found it for 49.00 not including shipping. Still a pretty good price. They are sold out at the moment. They also carry the Hydor external pumps. They get decent ratings and are WAY cheaper.

http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=E1048&Category_Code=AC-Pump

Ugh, they are the most temperamental zoos i've ever had. I fragged them and they just went to crap. I dipped them and Jody's frag looks fine. I got another 1 polyp frag thats fine. The main colony is down to about 10 polyps though, it will pull thru fine. But all those other polyps just melted away.

Ugh' date=' they are the most temperamental zoos i've ever had. I fragged them and they just went to crap. I dipped them and Jody's frag looks fine. I got another 1 polyp frag thats fine. The main colony is down to about 10 polyps though, it will pull thru fine. But all those other polyps just melted away.[/quote']

I guess they are truely Impurfect then! (laugh) (clap)

Hope they come back to their senses soon though!

Where the polyps that melted "one polyp" frags or "multi polyp "frags? Maybe they like to be together like sardines in a can? and have separation anxiety?

(scratch)