How long have you been in this hobby?

stylaster

got my 1st tank when I was five 1966 and had them ever since.. 1st saltwater in 1985-86. 1st larger SW in 1991 1st pico (they wern't called that then.. they just call you crazy for trying to keep one that small. Had it for about 6mo to a year more or less) was a 5g fowlr 1992. have kept from guppie to sharks, (only did thant one Time in 1993 was a nurse shark (didn't really know that it was a bad Idea at the time but quickly found out and sold her back to the store at huge loss.. never again) have to look thru some old photos see what I can dig up.

<-------Since my join date' date=' give or take a month. Started when I walked into Upscales.[/quote']

If we are talking FW also then 30 years. I got my first freshwater tank when I was 5 or 6. Have always had tanks since. I don't think I will ever go back to fresh unless maybe a planted tank.

Well my wife, who was then my girlfriend corrected me because, yet once again I was wrong, it was 1990 when I first got salty, I ended up getting out for about 15 years but I always said one day it would be so cool to have a big in wall fish tank (whistle)

It was just a whole different animal back then, back then you really had to work at it DOH! or just buy new corals every 90 days because the ones you had died. One day about 8 years ago I saw this tank and asked "whats that?" and the answer was "its called a nano tank" -that was the beginning of the end and the "new start" back into the addiction(laugh) that nano lasted 30 days before my 1st upgrade

My husband was in it for years, down in Eugene with some buddies of his, that worked at liquid sunshine. once we got together, 4 years ago, he got a 29 gal and started getting me into it. i have been hooked since. he always wanted a large tank though, so 5 months ago i pooled a bunch of cash together and got him a 100gal, and a 135 gal tank. we have had the 100gal up for 4 months now, so our feet are wet. but we have been dieing to get the big tank up. excited to expand and explore more in this hobby.:)