Maroon clown "pruning" or eating my nem..?

PowderBlue

Brought home a new rose bta from Shaun today. As soon as it planted on the rock my giant maroon swam over and started to what looked like to me bite it. I moved her out of the way, right back she went. Pulled off one tentacle, now she just looks to be "mouthing" it not pulling anything off. Anyone seen this before? Good, bad..??

Maroons do that to BTAs. It is OK most of the time. If it really gets bad then you may want to separate the two (eggcrate divider sometimes works).

If the Maroon was that bad for the BTA, then they would not be together in the natural range of both species. The maroon would have killed off all the BTAs in the area (Or the BTA would fight back and eat the fool clowns!).

dsoz

Maroons do that to BTAs. It is OK most of the time. If it really gets bad then you may want to separate the two (eggcrate divider sometimes works).

If the Maroon was that bad for the BTA, then they would not be together in the natural range of both species. The maroon would have killed off all the BTAs in the area (Or the BTA would fight back and eat the fool clowns!).

dsoz

Lol i had a carpet eat a clown of mine in the past, I just hope she calms down, nem is for my wife's birthday! Last thing I need is it dead before she gets home haha!