Diving into the land of pico ( take two)...

fishmanmike01

So I should first say im terrible at having patience, I plan on building a small cabinet and hood but just could not wait to get this bad boy up n runnin.... Im using rock, sand, and water from my larger set up to try and avoid a cycle. Even got a few manjanos form my fathers manjano farm so i have something to look at for a few weeks to see if it cycles. Im going to run one of those led lights you can get from Lowes that i have laying around until make a decision on my approach to the lighting.. Anyhoo...........

pico021.jpg

pico022.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess im missing the difference between the par 38 fixture and the 12 led kit that blue z reef pointed out. Why is it i could put the 12 led kit inside a hood which would obviously be inches off the surface but a par fixture would be too much at the same distance with less led? Not that im looking into something like the par 38 but i want to have something i could run fairly close 3-4 inches at max.

??? .

??? .

Most par lamps require that they be mounted higher to get good spread where a diy light in your hood could spread out your leds how you like aslo most all par 38 have optics but on a tank this size they would not be needed hope that helps =) Also if you use multiple colors and spread them out to much you will increases the color banding/disco effect which some people like and some people hate personal preferance.