225 gallon tank built

frankb

I think it is going to be my last tank. Currently, I have a 125 gallon tank. I've had since last year and I don't have any rooms left for my corals (scratch). After talking to Kenny (epic1), I've decided to upgrade to a bigger tank. I ordered through James Envision. The tank itself is so beautiful and well crafted. The size of it is 60x36x24. I copied Kenny's tank but made it a little bit smaller. I've asked Taylor to make me a metal stand for the tank and Matt (mattv) for the sum. Taylor will deliver the stand tomorrow. I cannot wait because many people seemed to be very happy with Taylor's work. I will use Reefstar skimmer and his LEDs. I don't remember the model number but I know it is capable for skimming a bigger volume than mine. Frank is using it and he is very happy with the results. My biggest concern is to transfer live stocks from my current tank to the frag tanks. I am hoping I will not loose any corals and fish. I am really anxious to get this done.(scary)

I have only this picture with my son standing inside of the tank.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m640/ftbui/20121005_174709.jpg

Good looking welds on that stand.

Thank you... I hear you do a little welding too so that is a nice compliment. All My welds are un touched with a grinder. Except the outside corners. Those are not structural anyway. They are just to seal it up. Glad you like it Frank Glad to be part of your build. Cant wait to see it all done.

pnkrcklives - I could tell they were grinded, but a good clean up job rules - shows you care about the product. To be honest my girlfriend is a better welder than I am - she is a sculptor, mostly metal and I use her mig setup. I used to do a bunch of job site stick welding in the past, but don't like to stick weld after using that mig...