Something to think about

Gill

This seems to go with out saying but apparently it is not?!?! Everyone on this forum has a computer and Internet conection and we all know how to READ!!!! What I am trying to get at is that when a question is asked (more than likely) the individual asking the question is looking for the opinion of someone who has experience. Most people on this forum are very well read and have the ability to look up any question using Google. The purpose of asking a question here is to gain the type of insight only first hand experience has to offer. Regurgitating what you have read is USUALLY not useful. I am not advocating that people only answer question when they posses a wealth of knowledge, I am however pointing out that if you don't know what you are talking about it would bennifit everyone if you read instead of typing.

Rant over. :)

• Like 1

This seems to go with out saying but apparently it is not?!?! Everyone on this forum has a computer and Internet conection and we all know how to READ!!!! What I am trying to get at is that when a question is asked (more than likely) the individual asking the question is looking for the opinion of someone who has experience. Most people on this forum are very well read and have the ability to look up any question using Google. The purpose of asking a question here is to gain the type of insight only first hand experience has to offer. Regurgitating what you have read is USUALLY not useful. I am not advocating that people only answer question when they posses a wealth of knowledge, I am however pointing out that if you don't know what you are talking about it would bennifit everyone if you read instead of typing.

Rant over. :)

Hmmm this is worth a bump.

but its rather general, do you have any specifics- (whistle)

J/K please dont answer

• Like 1

i thank you for posting this it does help knowing that others are feeling and thinking the same way that I have been about this but with saying that i do have to agree with kimberlee which might seem hypocrytical since i just thanked you for posting this haha but what i mean is that even though my wife calls this my fish facebook lol this shouldnt be a place that we come to send subliminal messages through general sayings of stop this or dont do that (WHICH I DO NOT BELIEVE AT ALL THAT IS WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT) but lets help eachother out by giving the best advise that we can our experiences no text book can give that buts thats my 2 or 3 cents in that issue

Funny so is the point here to stir up crap? I'm seeing a lot of these threads lately a please don't do this and a don't do that. They never seem to be specific' date=' but just general enough to look like there aimed at just about everyone?[/quote']

I did not read it as a way to stir up anything, its tough to really interpret exactly what the author is trying to point out but I took Gill's point as what I saw and if it is something you have experience first hand in post your input, if its something you googled for the answer phrase it as such like "what I have read is......."

It seems that people can read something and think its the answer when its not.

a perfect example is I had always heard ( and read) you dont want to expose clams to the air, they need to stay submerged. I was at a business this weekend that had about 20 clams sitting in tupperware tubs without water.

I asked the owner, isnt that bad at which he replied " there is a lot of bad information out there"

I think Gill is trying to say please dont share what you have not experienced- thats the way I read it

all very true and subject to readers interpretation of what is posted. (is that vague enough) as to the clam example clams are exposed to air during low tides in the wild, i leave them out in the drive way for an hour to make them spawn, so ya having a clam out of the water for awhile wont hurt it.... maybe the part that gets confused is that you dont want to get an air bubble trapped inside the clam, hence the roll the clam around underwater to release any trapped air bubbles.