Spaghetti worms?

siskiou

Does anyone have some of those they'd like to sell or give a few to a fellow reefer?

I could use some for my sandbed!

Could trade stomatella snails for them?

They are cute, multiply in your tank and are wonderful little cleaners. Just don't put them into a tank with any shrimp. The stomatella's won't survive long with a shrimp around.

I could probably hook you up if no one else can. 2 problems. #1 my tank is clearing itself of the ick parasite. June 1st is my "clean" date. and #2 I just discovered brown flatworms in my tank. I need to get some flatworm exit, probably after June 1st (payday). Otherwise I am in Oregon City. I was thinking of coming to some of the southern meetings this summer. I can bring them then when my tank is pest-free.

Dsoz

I can bring them then when my tank is pest-free.

Dsoz

Thanks!

That would be great!

Hope you can beat the ich and flatworms!

How do you catch the spaghetti worms? All mine are holed-up in rocks' date=' can't imagine digging one out...[/quote']

Are you sure your's are spaghetti worms?

Aren't they supposed to hang out in the sand and catch detritus?

I have some peanut worms in the live rock, that would be impossible to get out.

Those are Feather Dusters. Spaghetti Worms are the dudes who release nets of mucus to catch food.

Edit: Like this

I was just reading that article! :D

Sounds like the "spaghetti worms" do hang out in rock, too.

And what did you mean are feather dusters?

I have feather dusters on one side of my tank, and a bunch of different worms in some crushed coral that I got from J&Jr on the other side. I am pretty sure that there are some spaghetti worms in there. There is so much stuff crawling around that it is hard telling who is who.

I was planning on just scooping a bunch of the CC into a bag and it would include many things. different types of worms, amphipods (the big ones), copepods (the little ones), collinasta snails, micro-brittle-stars, and other things. It is full of life. :)

I have found one LARGE white stomatella in my tank. I am hoping that there are more. I think that the black variety would be cool to have as well. Anyone want to trade me for some of them?

Since it was free to me, I'll give some to any who want it (after the ick and flatworms are taken care of). I have used it to seed my sandbed, and there is still a lot of life left in it. My oppinion is to share the good stuff, but keep the bad stuff to yourself :).

Who else wants some?

dsoz

Edit- I have 30+ of the small feather duster tube-worms. A pet store in Oregon City sells them for $0.25 each. If anyone wants some just ask and I can either give you some of mine, or tell you where I got them. I have them set up like a little feather duster forest in my sand bed. It is really cool to watch them all suck in when I go to touch one of them... (evil laughter in the background)

Here is an interesting article. I believe the worms which are often sold for sand beds are terbellid worms. They are named spagetti worms by the trade, yet they are also known as hairworms. Still they are beneficial to your sand bed. I doscovered some of these worms in my refugium today after closer inspection. They were tiny.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-06/rs/index.php