Indo-Pacific Sea Farms?

siskiou

I have been contemplating getting that same package. However, 50 creatures, mostly snails, seem like a lot for a tank my size (45g). I have even been talking to lowman about splitting an order in the near future. Maybe we can work a three way order? I think that split 3 ways the order may be just the right size for my tank. I would need to wait untill mid-June (paycheck and summer vacation) if you wanted to do a 3-way split. :) PM if interested

dsoz

I am also considering this package, but have veered towards inland aquatics. Their packages are comparable and also my email correspondence with them so far has been great!! From what I have read on other forums ipsf packages are high quality but tend to be a bit skimpy. This may not matter since reproduction of some of the creatures will be high. I have read that inland aquatics has more generous packages and their stock is high quality.

There are other places that can help too. Bill's Reef, and another aquaculture company in Florida.

Can't remember the name though.

Joel

I have most of the detrivores they list breeding like crazy in my tank (except the pods, who get eaten quickly).What I need are a bunch of snails.

Maybe we should all have a sand swap meet, or something.

Though people might be worried about unpleasant stuff they could be adding along with the good! :D

I just got an order from IPSF last friday. Customer service was top notch, ordering was easy, and everything came well packed and overnight shipping. I got the $99 mix n match special - got some worms, 'pods, sandbed clams, snails, snails, hermits, hermits, mini-stars

Looks good thus far to me!

Here is Bill's Reef Snails. We could split a batch of his snails too. Looks like a better deal for large lots.

http://billsreef.safeshopper.com/21/cat21.htm?274

I'd love to get some of your sand Suzanne!!

What attract me to the IPSF is that they aquaculture and not just collect snails from the ocean.

And they are the types of snails that actually live in the warmer waters and have a chance for long term survival in our tanks.

I like to support aquaculture and am not sure about Bill's?

And I could probably spare a little bit of sand, though most of my micro stuff currently hangs out on the algae covered LR (stomatella snails, and another tiny kind, both multiplying like crazy, tiny brittle stars, bristle worms etc.). Not sure if you'd want to risk having the algae spread in your tank. :D

I just got an order from IPSF last friday. Customer service was top notch, ordering was easy, and everything came well packed and overnight shipping. I got the $99 mix n match special - got some worms, 'pods, sandbed clams, snails, snails, hermits, hermits, mini-stars

Looks good thus far to me!

Thanks!

It sounds like a place to keep in mind!

Are the hermits the really small ones?

What attract me to the IPSF is that they aquaculture and not just collect snails from the ocean.

And they are the types of snails that actually live in the warmer waters and have a chance for long term survival in our tanks.

I like to support aquaculture and am not sure about Bill's?

Yeah, and the fact that all the snails and other animals are aquacultured means that if conditions are right, they could potentially reproduce in our tanks. The Strombus snails are supposed to be very easy to maintain, as they directly reproduce, no free floating larvae stage.

I'd be interested in a group order from ISPF and Inland. It would save them a bunch on shipping, and maybe we could get some larger quantities of items too. That way we could order extras of a few things.

I asked about "sea bunnies" (sea hares), they said if I ordered, they'd throw some in for free. They don't sell them anymore, as they're really poor shippers to anywhere but the West Coast.

Maybe a Eugene group order, we do a pickup at the FedEx building over on 700 International Way? We could meet there and divey (sp) them up at that time.

I'm home on Fridays and could receive orders then.

I'd definitely be interested in a group order, though I'd need at least one whole Tune-Up order for myself! :D

Unless they do larger quantities of animals, that can then be split up.

I'm home on Fridays and could receive orders then.

I'd definitely be interested in a group order, though I'd need at least one whole Tune-Up order for myself! :D

Unless they do larger quantities of animals, that can then be split up.

IPSF does free shipping on most packages ($99 special, tune up, etc).

Group buy sounds like a great idea. I can receive at my school during the day and am 10 minutes down the beltline from Fedex. Looks like at least 3 people could be in Eugen on the deal. I think we would do well with the ipsf order. Is our business relations coordinator in charge of "group buys?"

I hope so but I don't know if they do group buys. I think earlier in this thread I read that they(ipsf) will only do one 9 for 99 package. That is why I was asking about a coordinator from the club to represent us.

No, I think it is only one reef tank tune up package (also $99, but not mix and match). You can get more than one 9 for $99 special, and then you can super-size to get more stuff, and then you get FREE STUFF! I like FREE STUFF! :)

dsoz