Looking for Acrylic tank. 25-50 gallons.

Islandoftiki

Hey folks,

I'm looking for an acrylic tank, or tank and stand combo for an upcoming mantis shrimp tank project.

It needs to be a minimum of about 25 gallons, and while it's probably not absolutely necessary, acrylic would be best.

I don't need any lighting for this project as the species of mantis I'm getting cannot tolerate bright lighting.

Minor scratches are ok if they can be buffed out.

PM me with pictures/description/price if you have something you think might work for this.

Cheers!

John

It would be a 4" peacock. The ideal tank size would be like a 30 cube, but we'll see what's available. I have a couple friends on nano-reef with peacock mantis who have set up some really nice MOWLR (Mantis only with live rock) tanks. I won't be lighting the tank at all with maybe the exception of a couple low wattage LED's for effect.

I'm going to feed my little guy tonight. He's been super active and curious the past week, so I'm thinking he might put on a good show. By show, I mean, maybe he'll come all the way out of his den for more than three seconds. :)

It would be a 4" peacock. The ideal tank size would be like a 30 cube, but we'll see what's available. I have a couple friends on nano-reef with peacock mantis who have set up some really nice MOWLR (Mantis only with live rock) tanks. I won't be lighting the tank at all with maybe the exception of a couple low wattage LED's for effect.

I'm going to feed my little guy tonight. He's been super active and curious the past week, so I'm thinking he might put on a good show. By show, I mean, maybe he'll come all the way out of his den for more than three seconds. :)

Lol, yeah the one me and my roommate own, does not leave his den, probably cause we spoil him and when we feed tongs go next to the entrance of the den then he grabs it. Best part is when hermits and anything else go nears his den it's war time lol, he's killed some hermits and there are a few that have lost legs and claws lol

Mantis shrimp are very smart. When going after crabs, they go straight for the claws to disarm them.

Mine has a graveyard of smashed dwarf cerith snail shells.

I agree, EXTREMELY smart creatures. I was surprised for awhile why ppl consider them pests.. I mean I can understand but enough reading on them turns them from pests to some of the most amazing and oldest creatures the ocean has to offer. I mean one of the fastest animals in the animal kingdom and arguably the best eyes on the planet.. To me they are a beautiful amazing creature I think I will always own one ever since I got my first. Also I think they can live 20+ years

I may have just the thing you are looking for if you can wait till I finish setting up my new tank I have a 31 gal 24x15x20 tank with a awesome custom stand and sump stand it roughly 24x24x36 I have a hood that matches as well and would let it go to you for a steal just depends on your time line =)

Once you've had a mantis shrimp' date=' you get hooked. They have incredible personalities. I can't even see them as pests any more. I want to rescue them all! :)[/quote']

Your gonna be portlands Roy Caldwell John lol.

And +1 for Jeramy, his stand is awesome.

Thanks again for the stand Jeramy looks good under the biocube and fits literally perfect maybe 2mm even between the tank to the brim of the stand.

If that falls through you should look at my plant tank, not sure it will fit in the new house. It's a 50 Truvu on a stand my friend's husband made, looks pretty good. Couple scratches that are bad, rest are pretty light. Has a shelf for a sump and no doors so I put a 20L down there with another plant tank on it, which you may also be interested in as apparently freshwater shrimp don't die in it for a change... Actually have 3'T5HO lights for the 50 too, a pair of them. Not very bright as the reflectors are crap. The 20L has a retrofit which is super bright, but might keep that. Am guessing I am going to tear it all down and donate the fish to World of Wet Pets, but we shall see. If I cram all my tanks in here the house will look ridiculous. But the landlord had over 100 herp tanks in here so I guess the roommates are cool with ridiculous over the top animal hobbies. At least I don't have a gaboon viper or 12' rattlesnake for the kitchen.

Hmmm. Maybe I should put up a mantis tank where the viper was.