My New LED fixture by Reefbreeders

Blue Z Reef

After seeing Jessie's RapidLeds, I pulled the trigger on getting LED's too! Since it's my birthday this month my fiance let me pick some up (clap) These new lights are from "Reefbreeders" These have a great mix of LED colors giving a full spectrum color (and tons of coral pop). They have 90 degree optics on them and the light penetration is NUTS! They are uber bright, i'm gonna have to borrow the par meter sometime and test them. They are way brighter than the 150w radium I had over the tank before. The fixture is 96w (2w led's) with two dimmers the front. I haven't really been turning them up very high but they are still insane bright!

Keep in mind its REALLY hard to photograph these lights properly, even with my T2i (scary)

This is about 30-40% white/color channel and 70% blue

led1l.jpg

Toadstools have been on and off pissed about the light lol! They'll adapt!

led2w.jpg

I tried to get all blue, but the picture didn't do it very well, this is just royal blues. Color is crazy and all the oranges/greens in the tank pop out like black light!

led3t.jpg

Here's the fixture and you can see the two dimmer knobs on the front

led4m.jpg

Here's the 4 clusters, the colors are:

12 7500k cool whites

4 420nm violets

2 480nm blues

2 520nm greens

2 660nm reds

2 630nm red/orange on one dimmer

and 24 455 royal blues on the other dimmer

led5e.jpg

We'll see how they do for growth, but for looks (drooler) Definately want to get 2 more and do my 90 with them! You can check them out from reefbreeders.com, but they are a little cheaper from their ebay store FYI.

Looks good bud. Can't wait to see some growth photos with them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

One of these days I want to bring it over to your place and see if it dims on the RKL. I think it theoretically should since it's dimmable with the knobs but it would be nice to verify.

• 4 weeks later...
Hows the new fixture working for you? Have you had any issues with it? I'm asking cause I think there new fixture is what I'm going to pull the trigger on

It's been great. ONLY issue i've had is it not turning on if you have it turned waaaay down on a timer. This however really isn't an issue most people would run into. Overall i've been really happy with it and all my corals have been doing great. So far i've yet to see one with a color output I like more than this. The 90 degree optics on this one seem a bit focused, so 120 would be better for coverage, but they are nice for cubes and would work if you can mount them higher (I have limited hood space so it's basically on the water surface).

That was a PAR producing machine. Crazy stuff.

Yeah that was way better than I thought it would do lol! I think it was around 1250 a few inches below the surface with the fixture a few inches up. Needless to say i'm satisfied with the output haha!

Hows the new fixture working for you? Have you had any issues with it? I'm asking cause I think there new fixture is what I'm going to pull the trigger on

I really think i'm going to go with there new fixture... Gonna put three on my tank.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The one with the built in timer and it is linkable? That one was what I was wanting for my 90 also!

They have 2 controllable fixtures now one like the original and one in a sleek case. I'm looking at the 120w fixture

My only concern is coverage on 40b

This is the only controllable one I see (the 104w, listed on ebay as 120w):

http://reefbreeders.com/controllable_led_fixtures.html

As far as coverage, depends on how high you are able to mount it (most all LED fixtures claim 24x24 coverage). The edges on a 40b won't probably be lit quite as well as the center, but it's easy to aquascape around that for proper growth and coral diversity.

I don't see where it says that on there site...:confused:

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SII

thanks for correcting me. i looked at it awhile ago before my biocube was set up and i was wrong. also was looking at a different fixture.

it says over 300 on sandbed with only 88watts of power.

(dont know where in the hell i got 1200? (nutty)(scratch)