Kessil A350?

Nate213

Anyone have a Kessil A350 or A350w? I'm going to make the LED jump and these look pretty impressive. I have added them to my list of potential fixtures. There are quite a few threads on RC, but I haven't seen one in person and wanted to see if anyone locally had experience with them.

i have a friend who has the 350 and i have the 150.they are both great!i have only seen the 10,000 kelvins and they are more blue spectrumed in my opinion wich is fine by me.more like 12,000 or 14000.super small too mine is the size of a can of soda pop and the 350 is squat and round remenicent to a can of chili.apologies if my comparisons are strange.so far i have seen some nice growth and mad colors :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love to see the A350. It's funny how some people say they are awesome with terrific PAR and then another claims that they are horrible with really low PAR. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The new Kessil showed up today. This is a standard 40B tank. It is worth noting that all the photos were with my IPhone so nothing was adjusted.

Frag tank with 100 watt compact bulb (sump light). Also room lights are on in this photo so that makes everything look brighter than it really is.

0308e013.jpg

Kessil at about 25% power both channels and other lights off.

3dc5e77e.jpg

100% power both channels.

c7385408.jpg

100% blue and 0% white.

c743aaf1.jpg

0% blue and 100% white.

925a606f.jpg

I gotta say the shimmer from this light is incredible. Never seen a halide like this. Overall the power seems good, but it doest appear as bright as my 250 DE halides. Very impressive though for such a small fixture. I will be playing with it more to see if I can tweak the colors to match my Phoenix bulbs. Also I will take some more photos in manual mode with the DSLR so you can get a more accurate representation of the brightness.

That is some pretty good spread from that one' date=' light how is the disco effect? It does seem to have a pretty good color =)[/quote']

I'm not seeing any disco effect - it looks very similar to a halide other than the extra shimmer. The more I look at it the more I'm liking it. It looks much more natural than the box of light look of my other tank. If it grows SPS, then I will be stoked.

• 1 month later...

Kessil uses a dense LED matrix under a single optics so there is no disco effect. For those interested in checking out the Kessil lights they should start arriving in local stores within the next 2 weeks. Defiantly a great LED to check out for an inexpensive yet powerful solution.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2