Slightly yellow / cloudy water

Cirenus

Woke up this morning and found my water was yellow and cloudy, and all the diatoms in the tank ( from cycling ) have either died...or Been absorbed into my water... When my first tank cycled.. I did not get this slightly yellow water and cloudy look, anyone have any ideas as to whats going on?

PH 8.1

Ammonia - 0

Nitrites - 0

Nitrates - 0

Tested as soon as I saw the water, was worried it was an ammonia spike.

Checked my skimmer to make sure it was not dumping the cup back into the water.

Does not seem to be affecting the behaviors of the fish that I do have. [ATTACH]12886[/ATTACH]

FOWLR tank

post-8882-141867789839_thumb.jpg

Powerhead didn't fall, but it could be some sand maybe from my pistol shrimp, however, when I take a glass of water out it is definitely a yellowish tint. Just finished a water change, it looked better for about 10 minutes, but now it looks super yellow again, hopefully the carbon filter will kick in and correct w/e it is. Did some more indepth reading on the diatoms, I guess when they are in high concentration they can change water color. Pretty much all of the brown diatom type algae has fallen off the glass and disappeared over night and off the sand so maybe it just got absorbed into the water and changed the color...idk.. =) hopefully the carbon will do its job and kick butt!

Due to the amount of yellow water and lack of ideas, I called a local marine biologist, he had me bring in a sample of the water, as it turns out, the yellowing of the water was caused by the plants I had in it. The plant was releasing nutrients into the water in an effort to reproduce. He said that all I need to do is remove the plants, harvest 1/3rd of it and wait a week before putting it back in and that the water should clear up in a couple of days. When I pulled the plant out I noticed that on the bottom of the plant that it had little yellow bulbs that were leaking yellow into the tank. I never saw it before because that part of the plant was partially buried in the sand.