Noobs Edge

NoobtoSalt

Well I wasn't planning on setting up another tank but low and behold I was shipped some seahorses so I needed to setup a new tank. I took all cycled water sand etc from my existing tanks so if there is any sort of a cycle it will be minimal. I have too much flow in my biocube for the seahorses so I wasn't comfortable putting them in there, plus the helfenrich are a bit aggressive during feeding times. Currently it has some calupera and cheato in it but I plan on getting some other macro algae for the tank as well. I will also be upgrading the lighting. It currently has some led setup but it's just not enough lighting. Already have an email out to Rapidleds for a new build.

2012-06-23_12-56-31_595.jpg

Congrats a mistake like that happened to the right person. A lot of others would not have handled this so calmly.

You didn't see me freaking out yesterday when I opened the box...(laugh)

I know without the proper care they can go downhill fast. I hope I do a good job!

LOL. Your wife is a keeper Jesse. ;) Although the cute seahourses probably won her over; just be glad they didn't send you an ugly frog fish. :)

You have no idea...(whistle) She didn't even hesitate yesterday when I said I needed to setup another tank for them. I asked a week or so ago to setup another tank and got shot down. Guess I need to have stuff shipped more often..(laugh)

DSC_0012-6.jpg

DSC_0009-10.jpg

DSC_0008-10.jpg

DSC_0004-11.jpg

Very cool. I like the new "stable". If the company was going to make such a huge mistake I'm glad that they sent them to you. I know you will do everything you can to give the little guys the best possible.

Thanks. In his defense i was inquiring about Seahorses but I told him that my wife was not going to let me setup another tank for them. He's really a good guy to deal with, just got mixed up with our conversation I guess. Accidents happen. He is out quite a bit for these guys as it is and has offered to still send the anthias that I ordered. Pretty cool if you ask me. I have been talking to some guys on reefcentral and they are saying that these are pretty rare and might not even be a typical seahorse for sale. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Garret's got lots of purple gorgonians at TPA' date=' see if someone can bring some back for you![/quote']

I just might have to make a trip down there anyways to check it out. Won't be tomorrow but maybe in a few weeks when I get back from my vacation. Thanks for the tip!

do a hex!

a 20-30g hex would be awesome!

They tend to be taller than long, which is good for the horses, and apparently the soft corners (not 90degrees) is better for them. I've thought many a time about a 30g hex tank for horses, I'm just not brave enough...maybe I should hope for the 'oops' you had. I think a 20 hex would be super awesome for these guys!

do a hex!

a 20-30g hex would be awesome!

They tend to be taller than long, which is good for the horses, and apparently the soft corners (not 90degrees) is better for them. I've thought many a time about a 30g hex tank for horses, I'm just not brave enough...maybe I should hope for the 'oops' you had. I think a 20 hex would be super awesome for these guys!

I've got a limited space to where I can put it and still make my wife happy so that is going to be the challenge. I'm working tonight at my store and I'm going to check out what I have there too. I think we have some clearance tanks that just might fit the bill.

I've got a limited space to where I can put it and still make my wife happy so that is going to be the challenge. I'm working tonight at my store and I'm going to check out what I have there too. I think we have some clearance tanks that just might fit the bill.

Seems like a 15-20 hex would be the most functional use of square footage...or a 20extra high?

Sent using Forum Runner

A 15 colum tank is a nice one' date=' Also one of those bio orbs would be almost ideal, no courners at all :)[/quote']

Yeah we sell a 15 gallon column. I might check it out and see if it will fit in the area I'm looking to place it. The cool thing I'm finding is I might be one of the very few to have these on the mainland. I've got people on Reefcentral saying that in the 10 years they have been keeping seahorses they haven't seen anyone raise them. This could be a good thing or a really bad thing...DOH!