This normal for a clown?

g81

Is the little guy dead or sleeping. Your discription could be read either way (scratch)

I have heard of them going to a courner of the tank to sleep or upside down under a rock but have yet to see one on the sand bed. But I am by no means an expert so hopefully some more experienced clown folks will chime in.

I hope the clown is alright, such cool fish.

Edit I didn't notice the words next to the picture. Sleeping fish

Is the little guy dead or sleeping. Your discription could be read either way (scratch)

I have heard of them going to a courner of the tank to sleep or upside down under a rock but have yet to see one on the sand bed. But I am by no means an expert so hopefully some more experienced clown folks will chime in.

I hope the clown is alright, such cool fish.

Edit I didn't notice the words next to the picture. Sleeping fish

haha, no she is sleeping very alive!.

she will stay like that all night. till the light come on. almost like she needs a tiny blanket lol. she had a mate she slept right next to her on his side also. he died not shure why about 1 month ago. i have yet been able to fine a clown large enough to stay alive in my tank but small enough to be able to become a male and not be a female, if that makes sence.

my maroon clowns are completly diffrent, theyjust hide in the rocks at night. just thought it was odd a fish would do this.

video below

th_2012-01-19_00-57-49_21.jpg

kinda sad :(

i came across one of my clown sleeping in its nem. the nem was verticle on a rock though so the fish was sleeping with its head pointed to the top of the tank and tail towards the sand, not sure how it was stayin in place. I watched it for like five mins to see it it would wiggle around to avoid sliding down out of the nem but it was motionless. kinda funny to see

AWwwww, who's she going to snuggle with now? Must be cold and lonely at night. Can't say anything clowns do is "normal" My pair sleeps in the multi head frogspawn the hosted. Sometimes just laying on the retracted heads like a golf ball on a tee.

You'd think the crabs would mess with it on the ground like that all night.

Don't want to be a downer or nuthin', but if you have 2 Maroons in the same tank with that other Clown, more than likely the Maroons will soon dominate and the beat the little Clown to death. Maroons and Clarkii's do not play well with other Clowns. Especially in a 55. That may be what happened to the others mate.

Good Luck

Don't want to be a downer or nuthin', but if you have 2 Maroons in the same tank with that other Clown, more than likely the Maroons will soon dominate and the beat the little Clown to death. Maroons and Clarkii's do not play well with other Clowns. Especially in a 55. That may be what happened to the others mate.

Good Luck

the mate died before i added the maroons, they dont bother one another at all. i was surprized.