OIAB only open Sundays now?

luv951

I ran up there a couple days ago during the middle of the day and the lights were off, doors were locked.

Looks like they scraped with window paint off their posted hours too. All that showed on the window was Sunday hours.

I called, no answer. Same thing the next day.

Anyone know whats going on?

THey are still open 7 days a week as of a couple days ago. The phone thing sucks cause it is never answered, its the same recording as the old store. Do to recent "copper attacks" from certain people I think Cos is careful who works in his store. I do know he has to run and get supplies often.

Just txted him and everything is normal, just must have caught him on a supply run....

I find Cos extremely willing to be helpful with anything I have needed and really like his shop. I know he is having some issues with his coral systems somehow getting copper in them :(

I've gone there a couple of times where no one was there during the day. I just waited or texted him and he showed up shortly.

He told me a little about the copper issues

But other then that I agree with Mike he's always very helpful and gives killer deals to me and my mom

Sucks that someone would so that even if Cos isn't the easiest to deal with. People in this hobby should know better than to kill corals. I no longer shop there either but would never wish that type of childish act on him or anyone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sucks that someone would so that even if Cos isn't the easiest to deal with. People in this hobby should know better than to kill corals. I no longer shop there either but would never wish that type of childish act on him or anyone

+1 on that, just stating my last experience

+1 on that, just stating my last experience

People in this hobby should know better than to kill corals. I no longer shop there either but would never wish that type of childish act on him or anyone

I don't know anyone at OIAB, so I can't speak to staffing, but this is totally true. welcome to our very real and very imperfect world :/

+1 on that' date=' just stating my last experience[/quote']

+2 on that. But never underestimate the power of a child to put weird things in weird places, or a dumb idiot to toss coins into a pond/tank/creek/lake for luck or wishing, which is very bad for fish. He could have a penny in there and it would be hard to find. Betta people hunt down old real copper pennies and put them in the jars on purpose to prevent parasites which also seems kind of like using a hammer to cure a headache.

I have a real hard time believing anyone would dump copper on purpose, even after seeing video of it being done on ReefBuilders. I guess I might have more faith in people than I ought.

+2 on that. But never underestimate the power of a child to put weird things in weird places, or a dumb idiot to toss coins into a pond/tank/creek/lake for luck or wishing, which is very bad for fish. He could have a penny in there and it would be hard to find. Betta people hunt down old real copper pennies and put them in the jars on purpose to prevent parasites which also seems kind of like using a hammer to cure a headache.

I have a real hard time believing anyone would dump copper on purpose, even after seeing video of it being done on ReefBuilders. I guess I might have more faith in people than I ought.

The same people, or I should say person that flags other stores craigslists ads, and or puts false craigslist ads claiming they are giving away things. But I am less trusting of people.

Personally get along well with Cos. OIAB has never done anything negative to me. Always helpful, always trying to help me figure out my tank issues. Just my experience. And I have yet to hear "oh that Clown tang will be fine in a 40 gallon tank".

I understand completley. People have bad experiences at places. I had that exact thing happen with a LTA and a store across the river that I wont ever go to. Was told the same thing, your out of luck. To be honest it was my own fault for letting a store owner tell my it was ok to put a LTA in a brand new tank. I got a lot of really bad advice there. Of course you cant make money if you tell people the right things to do can you. It was not the LTA experience that did it but a ton of things over a years period.

I think it comes down to what "you" prefer. Ill take brutal honesty over lying to your face any day.

Archived