Going on a trip. please give me your advise

FatChevy

So my wife has a business trip she is going on out of town and she wants the family to go with her. it will be for 4 days. my question is, is there a way to feed my fish without being there? like freshwater has the pyramids that you drop in. I feed them a mixture of frozen foods but something that will keep them alive for the 4 days im gone.

Every post I have read about people leaving for a week come back to find thier tank has crashed or a pipe busted or something else bad has happened. what do you do when you go on family trips?

So my wife has a business trip she is going on out of town and she wants the family to go with her. it will be for 4 days. my question is, is there a way to feed my fish without being there? like freshwater has the pyramids that you drop in. I feed them a mixture of frozen foods but something that will keep them alive for the 4 days im gone.

Every post I have read about people leaving for a week come back to find thier tank has crashed or a pipe busted or something else bad has happened. what do you do when you go on family trips?

Do you have a friend that could come over and check on it at all? I won't leave town unless I have a couple contacts to check in on it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a friend that could come over and check on it at all? I won't leave town unless I have a couple contacts to check in on it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thats the sad part is no I dont. not anyone that would know how to check everything. I do have everything hooked up to an apex controller but the only issue is that I might know the issue via the apex but theres no way to fix it....

I have an Eheim automatic feeder that I use. It's battery operated and you can set up to four different feeding times a day. It can feed flakes or pellets' date=' and the amount is adjustable. It works really well. I don't use it that often though.[/quote']

the problem is I have 2 sw tanks. I would have to buy 2 of them and hope everything else goes good

Even if you don't have friends locally in the hobby I would still have a human check on the tanks for you. The auto feeders are great but nothing beats a person to check for the unexpected. Find a someone in the hobby and give your friend there number in case they have questions. Plus have lots of fresh and salt water just in case. I'm lucky to have some good friends here that would be happy to watch my tank but I have had these thoughts in case they were unavalible.

Along with what derbird said. Mix up a couple 5 gallon buckets of saltwater and show tank watcher how to turn off protein skimmer and how to dump water into the tank and explain what to look for. I think ato failure or skimmer overflow are the two main fears I'd have for a 4 day trip.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Archived