Clams & T5's

J & Jr

It is always a good thing to chicken out of an impulse buy to gather more information :)

BTW- contact impur. He posted on my thread that he has the same TEK T5HO lights you (and I) have, and he said that his clam does great under the same light. :)

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3651&page=2 (see post #27)

I also want to get a clam. But I am going to wait until AT LEAST September, maybe October. That will also be the time that I want to get a BTA (if the clowns don't start hosting something else sooner).

Just make sure that you get the "easy" clams first. I hear that some are easier to keep than others.

If you chicken out again, you can always get some sandbed clams. SWFS has them for $5. They bury in the sand and are not photosynthetic. They also look like steamer clams. Not as good to look at as Maximas!

Has your GSP opened up again after the fragging you gave it? The pieces that you gave me have not yet opened up. The BSP are open and happy most of the time, and the xenia opens and closes in a periodic fassion.

Good luck, I may just need to come by and OOH and AAH once you finish your research. :)

dsoz

Thanks everyone and sol was right its only 20" deep although seems deeper when you are cleaning or moving things. can anyone recomend a good book on clams or does the club have any for loan?

nice colection of frags Impur almost makes me Jealous.:)

Thanks everyone and sol was right its only 20" deep although seems deeper when you are cleaning or moving things. can anyone recomend a good book on clams or does the club have any for loan?

nice colection of frags Impur almost makes me Jealous.:)

heh that was an old pic, there isn't any room left on the sand now i've got so many frags! I really need to work on my DIY LR!

It's nice to know that MH's aren't always necessary. I knew that would be way to much for my tank. I am a cheapo...and my hubby won't let me spend tooooo much money. I am looking in to the "Nova Extreme". It comes with 4 bulbs and lunars, plus cooling fans built in. The footprint fits my narrow tank, just 8" wide. Anyone heard or had experience with this?

Kris