tentacle on anemone

jmetz32

How long has your tank been set up? What are your water parameters?

I'm by far no expert but have a candy and they are pretty hardy for nems. But like all nems can be pretty sensitive. If something is not quite right in the tank my condy is the first to let me know.

All parameters are normal except Nitrates are at 20 ppm.

But I have alot of fish..

The nem's tentacle had enlarged again and looking good.

also I believe the condy stung a couple of my green chromis... they have little red marks on them.

possible?

thanks

i fed it a piece of krill the first day i got it.... and i have lost 3 chromis since it has been introduced.. idk if it ate them or it stung them and killed them and another of my fish ate them.. idkk.. one of my chromis has a big red mark where i think it got stung...

ya i did look terrible and folding inside itself... but now it looks great haha fully open where i can see mouth and all... one tentacle is still alil shriveled thoughh

The first nem I ever owned was a condi. They will eat most fish that venture to close to them, most clowns won't host them and they have a very potent sting that will kill most corals. They are however one of the most hearty nems and can tolerate a wide range of water conditions. I had mine in a 12g nano with cf lights. I learned quickly that as long as I fed it frequently it thrived despite the serious lack of light. I would say that what you are seeing is quite normal. Mine would do this every time it needed to release waste or move. Here is some good reading on them:

http://wetwebmedia.com/condyanemones.htm

Archived