Which RO/DI to buy

pnkrcklives

I got a coralife 4 stage 50gpd unit ($150.00) that works good for me and put out 0 TDS water, but I should probably have gotten a 5 stage unit because Portland uses Chloramine. We'll see how it goes. I test every batch I make. I can always add a stage to it if goes through filters too fast. That 6 stage unit looks like a much better deal though.

I got the 4 stage portable unit from these guys, paid 45.00 (I think) its 50 gallons per day, used it for about 2 years and then bought the 100 GPD unit from them for about 55.00-60.00 I think.

I got a dual TDS meter on it, TDS is 11-14 going in 0.00 coming out.

If you want to spend 150.00 you should see the unit SWF has, its fancy and is one of those 300.00 units-

I am a little lost why certain units cost so much, I mean if I am getting 0.00 TDS output do I really need one of those "pricey" guys?

I bought this unit;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0PPM-Portable-100GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Filtration-/380341933047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588e2553f7

if you want my old 50 GPH day one PM me 20.00 (or frags) (clap) nothing wrong with, and in hind sight I should have just kept it-(laugh)

I love the 5 stage BRS Ro/Di unit with the 150gpd add-on, flush kit and tds meter. I had a water general which got the job done but it didn't have clear canisters so it made it a pain to tell when it was time to change the filters.

Also you may check with airwaterice.com. In the past they offered a club discount of 10% but I'm not sure if they do that anymore. Their prices were reasonable as well.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Went to SWF to look at that unit. No one could give me any info on the unit besides the price. Was a nice looking unit with dual TDS meters. But I am just going to order a brand new unit from pure water club. That way I have no questions on the unit. Thanks for the help. Hope I can return the favor sometime.

Taylor, Look at the BRS site. You need to understand your source water, whether they use chloramine or not, etc. If you have a lot of sediment like I do, you might want an extra sediment filter. You can build whatever you want using extra filter cartridges connected to your main unit.

Also you may check with airwaterice.com. In the past they offered a club discount of 10% but I'm not sure if they do that anymore. Their prices were reasonable as well.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Airwaterice is a great company (as well as BRS) I have had this one for about 4 years and it works great:

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1TYPHOON/Typhoon-5-stage-RODI-Reefkeeper-75-GPD.html

Archived