Bio Cube in my Cube =)

Dewzap

Hi all! (clap)

I'm new to this site but ive been on Nano-reef.com for a little while and i found out that all the NW people hang out here. I'm just getting back into SW tanks after taking a break the last time i moved(about 2 years ago). I just a Bio Cube 8 for my cubicle at work. I always did FOWLR tanks before never full reef set ups. I had no idea how expensive coral is...so Ill probably do a few frags to start with down the road.

Currently i have the following in the tank:

12lbs of LR

6lbs of LS

5 tiny hermits

2 snails(cone shaped...i forget what they are called)

Feather duster

Coral Banded shrimp

Brittle star

Sea urchin(the LFS guy called it a pencil)

and my favorite an Emerald Crab

Im looking to get a small fish to add soon...i want something unique that will do well in a nano setup.

Any suggestions?

here is the phota album i created today:

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/dewzap/

Thanks!

Dew

Hey great cube!! And welcome to the site!

How about a yasha haze goby for that badboy?

Im not familar with that type of goby...i will look it up. Goby's come up alot when i ask this question. =) They seem to have alot of variety and personality.

thanks for the suggestion!

-Dew

edit:

wow those Yasha haze gobys are really COOL looking!

Any idea how easy they are to get?

Yasha Hashe would be a sweet fish for the cube, very mellow, easy to keep. Easily feed etc. One of my favorite fish (tattoo on my leg to prove it).

I forgot to check today if I have any yashas, but Ill be getting more fish later in the week so Ill be sure and have some on hand. I got 1-2 friday but Im not sure if we sold them or where they ended up (employee placed them).

BTW< if you havent been to waves before, be sure and call or read the directions on my site, its super easy to get too, but very hard to find if you dont know what to look for. (Carmen Exit, head west, go into Oregon Business Park II, back right corner).

Not to be a bummer but I have found both coral banded shrimp and brittle stars hunt and eat small fish. I had 2 clown gobys and a green chromis eaten before I figured this out.

Starr

Thats good to know....i will take them back. I was tempted to get a sexy shrimp anyway and the brittle is kinda big for this little tank.

Waves - I was there the first time last week..i love the place. You were closed the 2 days this wek i had to shop tho =)

Dsoz - well thanks to you and Cyenna =)

Also consider the Yellow Rose Antenna Goby' date=' which can be obtained rather inexpensively, and/or the Flaming Prawn Goby, which is very expensive and harder to come by. Both are awesome looking fish![/quote']

holy moly! you wernt kidding about the spendy nature of the Flaming Prawn....what a gorgeous animal tho. I think the Yashia and the Yellow rose are both gorgeous too and much more reasonably priced =)

thanks for the suggestions.

My first order of business is to return my coral banded shrimp, brittle star, and my pencil urchin(hes great but he keeps torturing the other occupants...just plows them right out of the way). I dont want him aquascaping for me =)

-Dew