253's 30x30x18 70g Cube

iroll253

Hello I am fairly new to the pnwmas and would like to introduce myself. My name is Chase Ojala, I am a student of UW Tacoma and have been in the hobby for about 3 years now. This is my current build I have up and running. Feel free to give feedback and check out my old nano thread I have posted as well. Thanks.

Tank start up on November 1st 2011.

Equipment -

Lighting - 150w mh with 14k phoenix, x8 1w Current usa led's, 4x24'' T5's all ati blue plus.

Sump - Both drops going to individual filter socks, Jbj ATO, Eshopps psk 100 skimmer, mag 9.5 return, Aqua lifter for Kalkwasser, Brs dual media reactor for carbon and gfo.

Display - Mp10es, 80lbs of rock, Lps and sofites.

Fish - Small/Med Sailfin and yellow tang, Mature pair of clowns, tail spot blenny, six line wrasse, small yellow tail damsel

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys! This is my largest tank so far but has been fairly easier to maintain than my previous tanks. As far as the manufacturer of the 70g, it is a Marineland tank. My old acrylic cube is made by advanced acrylics in California, although I'm not sure if they still make tanks. As for the jelly fish, it is a present from my girlfriend so naturally it had to go right above the tank. As time passes I am hoping to fill the BB with various lps and possibly making as sps island in the open corner. Looking forward to seeing some tanks on here.

Thanks! I do miss the look of sand, as well as the extra support it provides for rock scapes. My rock probably fell 4 times before I got it to sit right lol. It is solid now though. I also am disappointed that I cant add goby's and certain wrasses as well as pistol shrimp and the blue spot jaw fish but the clean look of the white BB definitely appeals to me. A cool plus to the white BB is that corals are growing under the rock caves since the light is reflected off of it.

• 4 months later...