Chloramines In Tigard Tap Water

Mitchell

I contacted the city of Tigard and asked them if they treated the tap water with chloramines. This was their reply:

Yes ,when we receive water from the City of Portland (which is most of the year) we use chloramines however,depending where you are,in the summer if you get water from the ASR wells that is chlorinated. Generally it’s a blend of the two so it may not matter. Also, when we start taking water from Lake Oswego in 2016 we will be using chlorine but that is quite a way off.

So I know that BRS sells a specific chloramine RO/DI model should I buy that or should I just buy the normal model? Does anyone know the difference between the regular and chloramine model other than price?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I think regular is a 3 stage filtration unit, and the 1 w/ the chloramines is 5 stage w/ a specific filter to remove the chloamines. And yes if you water is being treated w/ the chloramines you will need to get the 5 stage unit. Anyone who can correct me please do so if I'm wrong cuz I'm just now understanding the RO/DI units my self. I do know when I live in portland we used the 5 stage because the water was treated, and in Salem they don't treat the water w/ it so I only need the 3 stage.

All you really need it the chloramine carbon block instead of the reg carbon from BRS, and also ya need to use the 1 micron sedimat filter aswell since the chloramine carbon is 1 micron and if you use the 5 mic sedimat you will clog the carbon much faster. I had a reg 4 stage ( micron, carbon, membrane, DI) and chose to add a duel canister to it so the duel I bought has a 1 mic then a 5 mic, then into the unit I had that has the reg carbon, then chloramine carbon, through the membrane, to the DI and out to the barrel. Prob a bit more than I need, but

Archived