Quiet skimmers?

J-Dog

I'm looking to get a skimmer for my new tank build (150-180 gallon), and since I'm focusing on keeping my system as quiet as possible, I wanted to know if their were any skimmers out there that weren't noisy. I've read that SWC skimmers were really quiet, but I wanted to see what u guys thought about the subject. I am looking for something that is quiet, but still does a good job skimming. Thanks again :p

I am using the Supper Reef Octopus 2000 and it is very quite. The Vortech MP40W is significantly louder the the skimmer and the return pump (QuiteOne 4000) and all the fans together.

If you get the SRO 3000 you will be very happy.

My skimmer comes with Bubble Blaster pump and it does the job right. efficient pump.

The pump itself was a little loud for a week or so until it broke in but after that i even forgot i am running a skimmer. LOL

Good Luck

If I still have this bubble max 3500 when you set it up your welcome to try it out. I was happy with it.

Thanks for the offer, I will definitely take u up on it. I wish there was a way I could try 3 or 4 different models, just to see which I like best (plotting)

Archived