Jose's Cube build #2

Hozer21

Hello everyone just thought I would let everyone know that I'm still alive and Reefing (laugh) . Well let me make a long story short we sold our house and moved to the dark side as some folks like to call in the vancouver wa and we finally got all moved in and set up now it's time to set up the lovely cube tank all over again and hopefully better lol I plan to make a couple changes with everything like adding in a refugium , a couple led fixtures and my or my not have a 250wt mh as well to run a couple hrs a day and of course try to get back to what it was last year before we had a lot of things going on in our lives but now everything is great and we are at a lot better place over all . If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to let me know

and I'll post pics later

thx

jose

Hello everyone just thought I would let everyone know that I'm still alive and Reefing (laugh) . Well let me make a long story short we sold our house and moved to the dark side as some folks like to call in the vancouver wa and we finally got all moved in and set up now it's time to set up the lovely cube tank all over again and hopefully better lol I plan to make a couple changes with everything like adding in a refugium , a couple led fixtures and my or my not have a 250wt mh as well to run a couple hrs a day and of course try to get back to what it was last year before we had a lot of things going on in our lives but now everything is great and we are at a lot better place over all . If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to let me know

and I'll post pics later

thx

jose

Welcome back from the rock you were hiding under! Sorry to see you moved away from my side of town but glad all is well! Those black and white clowns and rodi unit are yours when you are ready! No rush!

• 3 weeks later...
Glad you moved to the good side of the river (whistle)

Let me know if you need a hand with anything. If I'm off work and not doing anything with the family I'm down to help bud.

Thanks Jess . Yeah it was a good move for us and some what easy lol

Welcome back from the rock you were hiding under! Sorry to see you moved away from my side of town but glad all is well! Those black and white clowns and rodi unit are yours when you are ready! No rush!

Thx you Two yeah but it was a good move lol :)

Welcome to the couve. Now your closer to OIAB. :) Where at in the couve?

Thanks and I'm really close to OIAB like 5 min away and I live off Saint Johns

Welcome back Jose! hehe welcome to my side of the river bwahahaha

Thanks Roy yeah I'm scared lol

Ok so I got the tank up a running now (clap) but the temp was at 45 degrees in the tank (scary) when I was done pluming the tank and what not but don't worry I added a heater and now it's at a steady 72 when lights are off and a cool 77 in the day with just t-5 on right now still going back and forth with leds or MH just have no clue yet DOH! but Ill figure it out here by monday but then again who know lol . I'll post some pics here tomorrow

ok so here are some pics that I thought I should post for now lol

tank before all the issue We had going on

[ATTACH]12362[/ATTACH]

and here are some pics of the rebuild (nutty) We add more to this lovely build in a couple days

[ATTACH]12363[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12364[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12366[/ATTACH]

post-6483-141867761118_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761122_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761125_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761129_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761133_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some more pics of the lovely tank coming together it was it a lot of workDOH! , but in the end it was all worth it thats for sure

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12465[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12466[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12469[/ATTACH]

post-6483-141867761237_thumb.jpg

post-6483-14186776124_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761242_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761244_thumb.jpg

Well I guess I should post some updates since I haven't in a while lol .It has been a long process of putting the tank back together and so so much cleaning lol If I only knew it was going to be so much work I would of gave it up ummmmmm NOT (laugh) but any ways between work , kids , wife & kids sports it finally up and running now I'm just waiting for my light fixtures that where ordered a little while a go so hopefully by the end of this week I'll have them (clap) and just in case you are wondering what kind of lights i'm going with well it's LEDS and they will be on a controller just thought I would give it a shot and see if I like them or not as for lights right now I just have 4 24inch T-5's on my cube tank (whistle) I took over 2 months to figure out which way I wanted to go (MH or LEDS) a lot of reading and talking with some folks and I finally went with Leds , but any way here some pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12484[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12485[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12488[/ATTACH]

post-6483-141867761266_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761268_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761271_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761274_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761277_thumb.jpg

I got that chalice for you still, if it gets bigger I'm gonna frag it-lol

I'm sure the tank looks nice, my lazy *** is just that, lazy, and clicking on the links, well thats alot of work.

Maybe I can see it in person since it looks like I should deliver your frag(laugh)

just messin with ya man(whistle)

Glad you stuck with it

Nice work Jose! Was that a Dallas Cowboys emblem I saw in one of the pictures?(scratch) (laugh)

Well thx Kim and yeah you saw a Dallas star in the pic it's my superbowl rug I got and it has all teams on it

Because u know I wouldn't normally have a Dallas cowboy helmet or anytime like that since I'm a long time Houston Oilers fan aka Tennessee titans

I got that chalice for you still, if it gets bigger I'm gonna frag it-lol

I'm sure the tank looks nice, my lazy *** is just that, lazy, and clicking on the links, well thats alot of work.

Maybe I can see it in person since it looks like I should deliver your frag(laugh)

just messin with ya man(whistle)

Glad you stuck with it

Well thx for holding on to the frag for a little while just been real busy but should have some free time here this weekend to pick it up before u frag it lol & yeah haven't tried to figure out how to upload pics yet with out your lazy @-- (laugh) having to hit a button lol & yeah just couldn't give I up on this lovely addiction (nutty)

But it's alot of fun

Thx

Jose

• 2 months later...

Well it's been way over 3 months and no updates wow what a jerk I have been (hit me) (brick). Well let catch up a little bit shall we(whistle) Well the has crashed twice now since I moved to the couv and it has set me back a little bit (flame) well first off I lost all my fish (sad) with lovely ich & poor water not good at all it really suck @ss man did really not want me to do this hobby at all oh ok the fish part , but I change my mind and I want fish in my tank again now that I have a uv , ozone & great water quality now (whistle). Well let me get back to this ich and poor water. I was away for a week or so for work and I had my wife take care of the tank u know feed, water & etc.. and lets say it didn't go well at all bless her heart she was trying to do a good thing but not so much. When I got home from my work and we where talking she told me that some fish looked bad and she could find some & I was like ok no big deal i'll check it out and man I lost all but 4 fish on this trip (sad) not good and then I explained a couple thing to her and she was so mad at her self for that and I let her know don't worry things happen it ok even thou I was (flame) about the whole thing at first but then I was like it was my fault to began with anyways for not going over everything with you my bad . So now we are in late April and I lose power out in garage where my tank is and find out the power was out for 16hrs and I fix that since I blue a fuse. I have a buddy come out to the house and rewire the garage so it can hold everything that has to do with the tank (clap)& now that all done I lose the 4 fish & not only that I lost all my corals that made it threw the move and some new ones that I just got man what a ruff start to this whole reef thing again (cussing)(censored) I'm telling you what I almost gave up but then I remembered how much my sons and I love these little things we do together and how much I really am an addict to this hobby. Well there is a long story made short (waving)

Sorry to hear about the loss

Yeah it kind of sucked but it all ok now :)

sounds rough' date=' you're pretty dedicated though i think i would have had to call it quits after all that :P keep it up![/quote']

Yeah it was but I plan to keep on reefing

ok so now I have some pic's to update :) well first off I have about 20 or so hermits , some snails & some new fish a pair of skunk clowns , a long nose hawk , yellow coris wrasses & my favorite fish that I picked up was a freckled Tang :) & they are all doing good for over a couple weeks so I must be doing something right again lol & some new corals but no pics of those yet

[ATTACH]12762[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12763[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12764[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12765[/ATTACH]

post-6483-1418677618_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761803_thumb.jpg

post-6483-141867761807_thumb.jpg

post-6483-14186776181_thumb.jpg