Try before you buy? Vortech?

siskiou

This is probably a long shot:

is there anyone in Eugene with a spareMP40 Vortech, who would let me borrow/rent it for a few days, so I can see if it works for my tank?

One of my two main pumps (Tunze) packed it in after years of reliable service, and I've been making due with a bunch of Koralias.

I've been hearing lots of good things about Vortechs, but the waves it creates in some of the youtube vids I've seen, look a little scary. So does the price for these!(scary)

Not sure if you have contacted Roger at Tunze but he has been great to me over the last year in upgrading my old Tunzes to new ones-I just sent a 6100 in that I fried from water damage and got a replacement, the new 6105 (which replaced the 6100) granted it was 235.00 but thats cheaper than the 360.00 for a new one. They may even have used ones, not sure of your model

You may want to email him and see what he says.

tunze@sbcglobal.net

Roger Rvitco I believe

Not sure if you have contacted Roger at Tunze but he has been great to me over the last year in upgrading my old Tunzes to new ones-I just sent a 6100 in that I fried from water damage and got a replacement' date=' the new 6105 (which replaced the 6100) granted it was 235.00 but thats cheaper than the 360.00 for a new one. [/quote']

Thanks, I've contacted him and I could get a 6105 for a discount, but I'm curious about the vortech, too.

I have 2 of the MP40W on my 180 in reef crest set on anti-sync and no waves at all just random flow they are worth every penny and loving them. Found mine new on ebay for $370 each shipped just have to do a little searching.

$370? :D

All I can find is $449-$469 for the mp40s.

Archived