Huntington Middle School Kelso, WA

Science006

Welcome Jackie! I am very excited about helping to get a tank set up in Washington. I have been talking to Mr. S. Beth and I picked up this nice nano from Nick at Rose City. Garrett is suppling a nice protein skimmer. I spoke to Heather (coralcrazy) who is a member who works at Petworks. She has agreed to supply you with ro/di water and saltwater and just help out in general. Nick has also agreed to supply the rock rubble, live sand and water for the build. Thanks to the recent fundraiser we have cash to get you going! Heather also agreed to apply a clean up crew at cost when the tank is up and running. This may not all make sense to you right now but it will! :) We have a great group of sponsors and members who are here to help you!

DSC00367-1.jpg

What can I do to prepare? do I need to come get things? I am willing to do what ever it takes. Jackie

I will keep you posted Jackie.

I will try to be there when the tank first gets set up and then we can make a plan for water to keep the tank going.

Thanks again Heather.

So we are shooting for noon on Saturday to meet up at the School. I picked up 30 pounds of live rock from Wegotjs yesterday. I picked up some buckets from Rudy at Goldenbasket. Beth and I stopped by Nick's (Rosecity) and got some rock rubble and a glass cleaner and a timer.

I will touch base with Mr. S and he will get the rest of the stuff we need from Garrett. (Live sand, sand, thermometer , heater).

Beth and I will supply the saltwater.

Heather are you going to bring the 5 gallons of Rodi water?

So we are shooting for noon on Saturday to meet up at the School. I picked up 30 pounds of live rock from Wegotjs yesterday. I picked up some buckets from Rudy at Goldenbasket. Beth and I stopped by Nick's (Rosecity) and got some rock rubble and a glass cleaner and a timer.

I will touch base with Mr. S and he will get the rest of the stuff we need from Garrett. (Live sand, sand, thermometer , heater).

Beth and I will supply the saltwater.

Heather are you going to bring the 5 gallons of Rodi water?

If for some reason Heather cannot bring the RODI water let me know. I can bring some, anything else you guys need?

If for some reason Heather cannot bring the RODI water let me know. I can bring some' date=' anything else you guys need?[/quote']

Do you have one of those 5 gallon jugs that are sealable like Woody at Seahorse sells? I found a Koralia nano in the box of TFT equipment that was donated so that will save some money! (clap)

Do you have one of those 5 gallon jugs that are sealable like Woody at Seahorse sells? I found a Koralia nano in the box of TFT equipment that was donated so that will save some money! (clap)

Sure. How many you need? If she wants a green fuzzy shroom or two(or three or four) let me know.

Sure. How many you need? If she wants a green fuzzy shroom or two(or three or four) let me know.

I think we will just need one for the ro/di water to top off. Fuzzy shrooms would be nice but we should probably wait for the tank to cycle although out of experience. Mushrooms are pretty hard to kill :)

Welcome aboard. I have been in contact with Kim so I will be getting the above mentioned materials. For those of you that have mentioned donations you guys rock. Once again this thread is a great demonstration of the type of members we have in this organization. Thanks people

Roger.

See you Saturday.

Update

Where:Huntington Middle School, Kelso Washington

When:Saturday Feb 11 at noon

Emerald525/tanktop74

JBJ nano tank and stand

Koralia nano powerhead

30 pounds of live rock

Rock rubble

about 30 gallons of saltwater

Fish food

Quick cycle addititive

Timer

Log book

Glass cleaner

net

I will also bring towels and a camera. I think that's everything we need. It should be fun!

Racefan

Powerstrip

5 gallon jug and rodi water to top off

MR S

Heater

Sand including live sand

HOB skimmer

Thermometer

Smann

Timer

Xenia (not for this build but for others)

Stylaster

Live rock

I will also bring towels and a camera. I think that's everything we need. It should be fun!

Archived