New stand is to tight....low PH

Frank

What about moving your skimmer air intake outside the skin. Take some small notches out of the bottoms of the skin. Take a router and cut some grills in the skin. On another note I need to get your piece of steel to you.

Dont really want holes in the skin. Not sure on the skimmer it has a silenter on it so now sure how that would work. Yea need to get the metal and did you find a router blade for the doors.

Use and exhaust fan to exchange air. Prevents mold and excess humidity too

Dont really have a problem with humidity dont want more holes than needed but thanks.

You should try out a Co2 scrubber, you can make one pretty easy with any container but you will need to get soda lime to put in it. They basically hook up to your air intake on your skimmer and remove the Co2 from your tank. I use one on my tank and I saw the pH go up by around .30. You can buy soda lime online but shipping adds up, I bought a 5 gallon bucket from Airgas it was expensive up front but will last a lot longer and will be cheaper in the long run. You can also get it from dive shops as its used in re-breathers.

Rich

You should try out a Co2 scrubber, you can make one pretty easy with any container but you will need to get soda lime to put in it. They basically hook up to your air intake on your skimmer and remove the Co2 from your tank. I use one on my tank and I saw the pH go up by around .30. You can buy soda lime online but shipping adds up, I bought a 5 gallon bucket from Airgas it was expensive up front but will last a lot longer and will be cheaper in the long run. You can also get it from dive shops as its used in re-breathers.

Rich

Thanks.... Will have to see if I can find some .....

Rich

Thats some good info Rich, I will need to check it out also

http://www.airgas.com/browse/productDetail.aspx?Category=450&product=MOP120020-00

I have been using this stuff after another member here mentioned it-I found it raises my PH by about .25-.3 but is not all that cheap.

http://thefilterguys.biz/skimmer_media.htm

Its got to be the same stuff since the media from the Filter Guys also says it will change to a violet/purple as it is exausted

the things you learn here (clap)

Archived