Bug/parasite help!

RAIN CITY REEF

What are some early signs of bug/parasite problems in reef tanks? I've seen a lot of weird bugs in my tank lately and I'm not sure if they are good or bad. I've researched a bunch but I've only been able to identify a few. All my corals are doing great but sometimes I notice a weird bug crawling on a polyp and sometimes on my montipora. Thanks for your help!

LOL, we do like pictures. A good sign is that your corals are doing well. I have found often with parasites the corals are not doing well by the time you see them. The thing you have to worry about on montis are nudibranchs. Sometimes googling the name and comparing will give you a better idea. Copepods are also pretty common and I have mistaken them for a parasite before. Keith is right. It's hard to say without pictures and even then it can be difficult to tell.

(worthless)

not to be mean, but no one can really help without pictures. there are tons of really good bugs (copepods, rotifers...a bagillion more), there are bad ones too, but there's no way to know which you have without knowing what they look like

You try taking pictures of something thats ridiculously small and tell me how that goes and the pictures that I have are pointless to post because you still wouldn't be able to make out what it is. :/

Archived