noob question - what to do with golf tees

JeffP

What does everyone do with the golf tees that frags come on. Do you snip the spike off and glue the base to your rock? Use the spike to wedge into the rock and not use glue? Same goes for frag disks I guess. How does everyone handle their new frags?

thanks!

What does everyone do with the golf tees that frags come on. Do you snip the spike off and glue the base to your rock? Use the spike to wedge into the rock and not use glue? Same goes for frag disks I guess. How does everyone handle their new frags?

thanks!

It depends on if the coral has encrusted the tee...if it has not encrusted you can usually break off the coral (grab at the base and pull it off), the glue will come free of the golf tee...If it has started to encrust then clip off the spike and glue the base on. As for glue, I use IC-GEL, best stuff ever for gluing frags and other small stuff in the tank.

(flame)I HATE GOLF TEES!!!(flame)

If there is one bad habit I dislike in this hobby more than anything it would be golf tees (other frag plugs included) they drive me nuts, our goal is to make something natural, not put something natural on a peice of plastic, and they are soooo hard to sit in your rockwork in a stable way. I hate them more than tap water usage, I hate them more than hair algae out breaks, I even hate them more than red bugs and high ammonia readings.

Sorry to make you listen to me venting. I'm (nutty)

Tell us how you really feel! LOL

They are so small and get encrusted over so quickly that you never really see them IMO. I like the other frag plugs though, they make fragging and growing out new frags so easy. Thing with tees is you can't really attach zoas to them, or some other corals as you need more surface area to glue to.

If there is one bad habit I dislike in this hobby more than anything it would be golf tees (other frag plugs included) they drive me nuts, our goal is to make something natural, not put something natural on a peice of plastic, and they are soooo hard to sit in your rockwork in a stable way. I hate them more than tap water usage, I hate them more than hair algae out breaks, I even hate them more than red bugs and high ammonia readings.

For $5 Ill happily simply pull the frag off the plug if you like :) j/k

how should be stores and other people frag their corals and then properly store them until they are sold?