Clownfish behavior

nelsz3

I recently got a pair of picasso clowns and a pair of black and white clowns from barlycuda ( thanks again!) when i introduced the fish after acclimating and turning lights off i put the picasso"s together and released them next to the sebea nem and they went straight to . The black n whites i released individually next to a rose bubble nem and they ignored it and went about swimming. When i checked on them next they were all in the sebea together. heres a video to show

The question is Are they fighting over the nem or just clowning around in it?

any thoughts an answers are appreciated

th_2011-12-04_09-25-10_789.jpg

heres anthoer

th_2011-12-04_09-26-58_173.jpg

Im by no means an expert on clowns but when i first read your question i thought that they were probably just "clowning" around but after watching the video it kinda seemed that they didnt want to share the anemone but thats just imo. also beautiful clowns i hope some day to get me some those both are my favorites

Im by no means an expert on clowns but when i first read your question i thought that they were probably just "clowning" around but after watching the video it kinda seemed that they didnt want to share the anemone but thats just imo. also beautiful clowns i hope some day to get me some those both are my favorites

+1 they don't look like they are having fun but competing for habitat (the anemone).

I want them to be just "Clowning around" but worried they may be exhausting themselves in a battle over nem since they have only been in the tank together 3 days i have tried to nudge the black n whites to the other side of the tank towards the rose bubble but just swim past it and back to the sebea

I can't get the video to pull up here at work but it's possible they are fighting over the sebae but it could just be they are just all hosting the same anemone. Clownfish are quirky. I had 2 alone in a biocube with several rbtas but they fought over one particular Rbta so I finally had to remove the smaller one. If you see nips in their fins then you know they are fighting over it.

So after watching them for the day it looks like one black n white expressed its dominance over the others and pushed them out. One stayed in and around the nem all day as the others were swimming and exploring the new tank. As soon as the lights went out they all ended up back in the nem for the night but seemed to settle down some. This morning so far the lights are still out and they are all four in the nem with one black n white trying to push his way into the nem but the others seem to be getting along now. I didn't see any nips on the fish which is good cause I'd hate to have to remove a pair from the tank they are exceptionly fun to watch!

Would it be possible for you to remove one of the pairs of clowns and the rose anemone and put them in the fuge or temp tank so that they can get used to it and not have the option of the anemone that they are possibly fighting for. I have heard of many people doing this when trying to introduse an anemone and clown to eachother and have heard great success just a thought cause i dont blame you i would hate to get rid of one of the pairs of clowns they are both beautiful

Archived