Coralline Algae on eqiupment

Raamiah

So I have been pulling all of my equipment out of boxes from the move and just setting them up on and under my tank just to let them air out and get a sense of where I want everything to be and there are two small pieces of coralline algae on the back wall of my tank, my powerhead has a lot of it on it and so does my return hose. It is all still pinkish red. Should I remove it all before I start the tank up again or should I let it stay on where it is?

I've never torn down a tank and set it up again like this so I imagined the coralline algae to be white or flake off but it seems to be stuck on just as much as it ever was.

Thoughts?

Soak em in a white vinegar solution. Will clean em right up!

Its a good idea to clean all the tank equipment from time to time. Buildup reduces their efficiency and can shorten the lifespan of some pumps. Heat is a pumps enemy and the harder it has to work, the hotter it will get.

If it's just "hard" plastic' date=' muratic acid works like a charm but will cause vapors, great for those hard to get off spots.[/quote']

There are other dangers using Muratic acid than just vapors! Do some reading on the other dangers of using it if your not familiar with it!

Archived