seen something with a blenny that IU cant believe.

city hunter

I witnessed something tiwce now tonight ith ym midas belnny and a new midas that didnt make it, that I am amazed to see.

I've had a smaller midas for a few months now, and today I recently bought a new larger midas, and I believe something happened to it on the way back, and she didn't survive but a few hours. Well I was gonna let her die in peace and not pull her/him out. My other midas was curled around the dead body of the other midas. I was looking at this surprised, then I kinda spooked the fish walking by, and grabbed my camera on the way back, The midas again was laying right next to the dead fish. I snapped some pictures of it the second time around. Ironically, as I was typing this... The blenny was laying next to it again, and this is on the sand. This blenny never sits on the sand.

I can only say that this fish knows whats going on, and iis either sad, or something else, but is staying with a dead body. Frankly I find this very impressive.

Anyone else ever had something like this happen? I will try n upload a picture tomorrow, it isnt as nice as when I first saw the blenny curled around the other, but it still shows the blenny sitting next to the deceased.

I had two huge scats. One died. He didnt eat for a few weeks and then started eating again after school up with my gold danoid.and i have heard stories about seahorse and pipefish alsmost "grieving" when losing a partner. Maybe he knew him from the ocean, sounds crazy but what if...

A few years back I had a female seahorse who was getting old and did not look well. Her mate hitched to her. When she died I had to use my fingers to remove the males tale from her body so I could pull out the dead seahorse. The male stayed in that spot for the next 3 or 4 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen my clown fish grieve another clown fish death by not leaving and refusing to eat.. and when I take the eggs away from my clowns to hatch them my clowns stay about two days morning the missing eggs like they go back to see if they come back... though they would eat their young hatch

Archived