Tek Bulb question

CrazyInside

So I just got a 36" 6x39w tek elite fixture with the new reflectors and cooling system.

Just wondering what bulbs to buy. It's for a 40B that i'm going to try sps in.

I'm thinking back to front of tank

Ati True atinic

Ati Blue plus

Ati Aqua blue 12k

Ati Purple Plus

Ati Blue Plus

Ati True Atinic

what do you guys think? I've never ran t5's before so i'm just guessing.

I like a little more blue, plus I really want one atinic to pop. After some more reading this is what i came up with

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Purple Plus

ATI Blue Plus

GE 6500k

ATI True Actinic

ATI Blue Plus

Probably going to order tonight so any t5 experts want to jump in on this setup?

on my 6 bulb ati sunpower I run

Front

1. Blue Plus

2. Aquablue Special

3. Purple Plus

4. Blue Plus

5. Aquablue Special

6. Blue Plus

back

and it is nice and crisp with good actinic notes. The aquablue specials are a white actinic that gives good growth and color. Heres a pic I just took with all bulbs on.

DSC03013.jpg

my camera skill suck but I really like the look that these bulbs put out.

on my 6 bulb ati sunpower I run

Front

1. Blue Plus

2. Aquablue Special

3. Purple Plus

4. Blue Plus

5. Aquablue Special

6. Blue Plus

back

and it is nice and crisp with good actinic notes. The aquablue specials are a white actinic that gives good growth and color. Heres a pic I just took with all bulbs on.

DSC03013.jpg

my camera skill suck but I really like the look that these bulbs put out.

Hey thanks for the info plus the picture, I like that. I changed out my actinic for the aquablue

Ordered this:

ATI Blue Plus x 3

ATI Purple Plus x 1

GE 6500k x 1

ATI aquablue x 1

which order do you think I should run those? And which 2 on the separate power cord?

well, On the Tek Elite the two outside bulbs are on the seperate switch. So I would put the two daylight bulbs, the aquablue + and the 6500k on the seperate switch, just to give a more dawn dusk look. However It might be more beneficial to have the daylight bulbs in the middle of the fixture. Maybe put a blue + on each end and have those two come on first and then have the rest mixed up in the middle to come on later. Something like

Blue+

Aquablue

Purple+

Blue+

GE 6500K

Blue+

I dunno, Its going to come down to preferance more, what you think looks better (obviously) I think you might get better growth and coverage with the daylights closer to the middle tho, just my opinion.

Archived