RTN sucks!

Gabe

(flame)(flame)

080211152445.jpg

Left town Friday afternoon, no signs of stress.

Got home Sunday afternoon it was 3/4 gone from the inside out. I was able to break off a couple tips that survived.

Over 8 inches across. (sad)

Wow, that has gotta suck!!! What can cause "Really terrible nastiness"? How long did you have that colony? I have a birdsnest colony that big that started as a couple branches a couple years ago. I would be devastated if I came home to that. So SORRY for your loss!!!!

Purple w/green tip birdsnest. Luckily its a pretty fast grower. It started as a 3" piece about a year ago and I sold some frags of it back in april. I still have a nice size frag of it on my rack.

The upside is now I have a big hole that needs a new coral:p

Wow' date=' that has gotta suck!!! What can cause "Really terrible nastiness"? How long did you have that colony? I have a birdsnest colony that big that started as a couple branches a couple years ago. I would be devastated if I came home to that. So SORRY for your loss!!!![/quote']

What causes really terrible nastiness.. hmmm where to start.... temperature swings, fragging, stress from shipping, drops in salinity, drops in alkalinity, sudden parameter swings of any sort, looking at your frag the wrong way, sometimes you can't find any particular good reason and they do it just to prove you are nuts for trying to have a coral reef in your basement! :)

Ohhh gotta love the frustrating world of SPS.

Archived