wtborrow Par/lux meter

illcssd

Does anyone have a par meter that works underwater that we can borrow at the shop? I want to check some lights out and see how they are working and such and i can't seem to find one. It would only be for one or two days. I need to check my bulbs at home too,

I will pick it up if possible and drop it back off. Frags can be added for incentive lol. Once i use it i think you guys will be interested if the results turn out as good as i think they will.

thanks

austin

I would think that maybe this would be a nice item for the club to buy. Keep it like the club library.

I would be willing to put up like $10-20, if we could get 20 people to pitch in.( not sure how much they are). I think that this is something that most of the club members could use and if we decied to do any future club related reef research this might come in handy.

Just an Idea.;)

Yeah buying one has been discussed before. With more and more interest we just might. I'll call my LFS and see what we can get one for. Does anyone recommend a certain one? Ive never really dealt with a light meter before. Later Ryan

We aren't much help are we Austin. There is always alot of talk about what is this club about

and who are we going to donate to, and who we are helping teach the hobby to.I think purchasing

something like par/lux meter help's every member who wants to use it conserve and propagate

corals better.I think with newer member's or setup of a new tank this tool would really help determine

the best light's, the best area to place something , and so on.

Something that this club is about.

• 2 weeks later...