New Shop Update!

I have been very busy working on prepping the new shop for its grand opening and wanted to give everyone an update.

So far I have ripped out all of the old carpeting, old coffee bar with mini sink, preped the floor, and have almost finished with the flooring. Then on to the new tank setup and step by step transfer of each side of the garage setup to the new shop.

I will be pretty busy over the weekend and next week but I am still available by appointment for those of you that wish to swing by and grab a few things :) I have lots of clean up crew, plenty of softies and lps and even some nice fish!

Saw the new shop yesterday. It's looking good Garrett! Can't wait until you are up and running. And thanks for letting us come and raid the garage.

You know, I never would have thought I would like someone who took all my money every time I saw them(laugh) But you're the best, man.

Franklin,

You have one of the best groups out there down your way! I really enjoy every time I get to meet up with you guys. I wish I could have made it to the meet and great but had a bunch of other stuff I had to get done. It will be great to have all of you up once the shop is done!

Bobby,

Thanks! Glad you guys made it up. I hope that coral does amazing for you. It's a super nice piece and under the right conditions should be a show stopper!

Update:

Things are moving along nicely. I now have 3 new sets of tanks running in the shop waiting for their new residents to move in :) Nearly 1000g of new tank space will be in the shop! There will be nearly 1000lbs of live rock running in the new systems to really get things going so the transition to the new tanks should go fairly smoothly.

Next up,

Testing

Moving critters, corals, etc.

Running a bit more electrical

Moving over more drygoods

Breaking down old systems 1 at a time to move them over.

and Setting up the new show tank(probably last though I can't wait!)

Hey Garret congrats on the new store!!! I have been out of the loop for awhile and come to see you are going BIG!!! Nice work. I hope to be there for the Grand Opening!!! Let me know when the big day is. I just picked up a 90 gallon tank I am going to need to fill.(clap)(clap)(clap)

Hey Garret congrats on the new store!!! I have been out of the loop for awhile and come to see you are going BIG!!! Nice work. I hope to be there for the Grand Opening!!! Let me know when the big day is. I just picked up a 90 gallon tank I am going to need to fill.(clap)(clap)(clap)

Glad to see you back in with reefing!! I wondered where you went lol. I am thinking the grand opening will be the first or second weekend in August though I am approaching the deadline quickly and still have a good amount of work to get done so the second weekend my end up being the official grand opening. I will probably "soft open" the week before just to get things rolling :) My sign for the shop wont be ready for about a month so I would imagine things will be real slow until it is up and people have a chance to see that there is a new retail shop in town.

I will have tons of critters in to help get your filled up! Lots of rock and such as well. Let me know if I can help get you anything or have anything ready for when you come up.

Archived