Fragging zoas?

J-Dog

Does anyone know the proper way to frag a zoa? I have some that are growing super fast, but I'm not sure how to frag them apart. Can I just cut them where they connect together? How do u reattach them to another plug? This hobby is way too complicated (scratch)

If you can break the rock they are on, and then slice the zoas with a razor blade where the rock breaks....that is a great way to do it.

Remember to wear some sort of protection for your hands and possibly your eyes...zoa juice can be very toxic.

Definitely recommend gloves and eye protection. I know of a couple of people who have gotten some of the zoa juice squirted in their eye and its not pleasant. Mr S had a bad experience with a thumb infection as well as Frank. There are different ways to frag them. Hopefully Tanktop or Fragmaster B as I call her will chime in. If it's a big colony and you're not worried about losing a few just breaking off the rock and gluing the frags to a plug is what I do.

You can do finer fragging with a scalpel and a blunt probe (insert your favorite joke here ;) ) to gently scrape the zoas off and then use superglue to glue it to a plug let it sit in saltwater for a few minutes to set and then you are done.

I would say to dip them also. And trust me' date=' you definitely need to wear gloves and goggles. My thumb took over 6 months to grow back my fingernail[/quote']

Dip them? Dip them in what?

ok, you can come over some time and I can show you my technique and set up for fragging zoas. Would be more than happy to teach my fellow fraggers!

Not hard if you have a steady hand and have time to be meticulous!

Good light so you can see whats going on, gloves and goggles are a must!! Never frag with out them!!!

ok, you can come over some time and I can show you my technique and set up for fragging zoas. Would be more than happy to teach my fellow fraggers!

Not hard if you have a steady hand and have time to be meticulous!

Good light so you can see whats going on, gloves and goggles are a must!! Never frag with out them!!!

I would love to see you frag!!! Maybe you could do a demo at a future meeting?

That's a great idea Gill. I think the next meeting we have at our house Beth can setup a fragging demo.

Oh joy! Gee look what I got myself into! Dang it, I was just trying to be nice and now its a full on meeting demo... how did that happen???

Oh joy! Gee look what I got myself into! Dang it' date=' I was just trying to be nice and now its a full on meeting demo... how did that happen???[/quote']

Don't worry I will only bring a small camera crew ;)

Don't worry I will only bring a small camera crew ;)

LOL (laugh)

On second thought maybe I should call koin 6 news (plotting)

rofl I think not! LOL(laugh) I won't show up to my own party if there is a news crew there thanks... did you know cameras put at least 10# on the way you look?!?!?

Archived