Looking for Volunteers

Chief

We are looking for volunteers to host some of our future meetings. April is already taken as it is the Oregon Coast Aquarium behind the scenes tour.

Open Dates are:

May 20th

June 24th

July 15th izzypop

Sept 15th Solv Beach Cleanup

Oct 21st barleycuda

Nov 18th palani

All meetings are open to everyone. I think that this is a great opportunity to get out and see some of our area tanks.

If you are going to host a meeting, I would like to get some information from you about your tank so we can post a teaser.

Thanks,

Jay

Great idea on the south meets. If this is something your serious about I would probably post something on the main site for people coming to the site, something like "Monthly meetings hosted in Portland and Eugene" Just a thought.

Great idea on the south meets. If this is something your serious about I would probably post something on the main site for people coming to the site' date=' something like "Monthly meetings hosted in Portland and Eugene" Just a thought.[/quote']

Good idea. And...

Southern Reefers Rule!!!

Oops, did I say that out loud DOH!

Jay

I just wanted to re-interate how important it is to help with clean up:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-03/sl/index.php

In summary, for those that don't think about it, trash not only pollutes the beaches and roads, but affects the animals 20 fold worse, do your part to keep it clean :)

Info on how you can help locally.

SOLV Spring Beach Clean-up

Jay

Well I'll take the November meeting. Might have to make a cap on the attendees, I only live in my apartment. I can do a "lecture" on nano tanks and phyto and zooplankton culturing. And let people see the difference with tanks that are fed with phyto.

Where are all of our Portland/Salem Volunteers? I know there are some beautiful tanks up there. A big shout out to izzypop for being the first to volunteer from the area.

There is still an October date left in the Eugene area. Let's fill them all up.

Thanks again to all the Volunteers.

Jay

• 1 month later...

We are still looking for some Portland/Salem volunteers. You may have noticed that we do not have a location set for the May 20th meeting yet.

Here is an alternative option.

Beaverton Library

I was looking at meeting room A. It has a kitchen and some nice places to sit. There will be no tanks to look at. What do you think.

Jay