Sharoleb's 90 Gallon

sharoleb

Last night we finally made the transition into our new 90 gallon. We are sooooo happy with it! Going from a 75 acrylic w/ a 2x4 stand, to a 90 gallon Oceanic w/ the Starphire glass on 3 sides. A beautiful new stand, sump and equipment.

A huge thanks to Cos at Ocean in a Box for selling us the tank. Then the stand, the pump, Ca reactor, controllor and chiller and other stuff.

The Ca reactor is not set up yet, and the chiller will be hooked up this weekend. We may need help w/ the Ca reactor, and I need to study the book for the controller.

I can’t quite remember all of the brands and the specifics but I’ll try:

90 gallon Oceanic

Sweet solid cherry stand

ADHI Refugium, 35 gallon

Huge Reeflow pump – hybrid something or other

Calcium reactor

Sunlight Supply EcoPlus ¼ hp chiller

Reef Octopus Needle Wheel Skimmer up to 150 gallons

Reefkeeper controller

Same light fixture

Some pics:

First, this is what we are getting rid of!!!! :D

Picture051.jpg

Picture039.jpg

THE NEW SYSTEM, ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL? (cheer) (yahoo)

Picture032.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture010.jpg

I love the starphire glass!! It is so clear, and everything seems to have much better color compared to the acrylic, even thought it's the same light fixture. I really feel like we have an actual display tank, instead of just tossing a system together. I took more pics the other day, now that it has settled a bit. Everything survived the move, except one frag. I think it might have gotten knocked off the rock because the entire frag plug is MIA. All in all, not too bad. Now that we have a little more space, I need more fish. I definitely want a tail spot blenny, and maybe 3 small schooling fish. Any suggestions?

Thanks. I completely forgot they are schooling fish. Were your's shy? Mine doens't really come out much, unless the Melanarus wrasse is asleep - luckily he goes to bed early. The firefish and neon stripe goby have actually started sharing a den since the move.

It was actually listed here on the forum for sale as brand new. I was not first in line, but then found out Cos from OIAB got it, so I bought it from him. I'm trying to search the forum for the sale thread but can't find it. I love it because there is no center brace when you open the doors, lots of room. I have the matching canopy but don't need it. Im not positive on the price so I don't want to say yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

By the way - I hate clove polyps!!

A couple years ago, when I still had my 36 and was a beginner, I HAD to have them. They were so pretty, like delicate little blue snow flakes. I got a huge frag for $10 from a local reefer. Looking back, that should have been my first clue. For a while, they just sat there benignly. They survived my noob mistakes and two tank changes. In the last 6 months, they have slowly taken over. I hate them. They have my nuc greens surrounded, suffocating them. They are slowly encroaching on my maze, which I thought for sure would take them out. I can't really frag them off of the main rocks, and even if I could I could never get them all. Suggestions?

Thank you! I'm really liking the way it's all coming together.

When I got the montis I started with teeny tiny frags of all of them, they are growing in nicely! I got them from all different sources and just glued them right next to each other. I love the contrast of the purple death and nuc greens, I'm just afraid the blue clove polyps are going to choke them out.

Archived