WHAT is this?!? I found two!

sharoleb

I haven't been on the forums much at all the last few months, but have still been active w/ my tank. Last night we made the transition from our 75 gallon acrylic w/ a marginally acceptable system to our SWEET new 90 gallon Oceanic w/ the starphire glass and new setup. (clap)

When we were transferring the sump, I found this on my little charcoal bag. Then we found another on a rock. I have not had any issues in my tank lately at all. I didn't put them back in or try to keep it, I figured it could get out of even the tiniest holes in a container. I really want to know what the heck it is!! It's about 3-4 inches long, maybe 3/4 to 1 inch wide.

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Just for fun, here is a before and after pics of my tanks. (rock2)

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Not that I know of, this was in my sump. We had a dozen or so hermit crabs and some snails in there, but honestly we didn't really pay much attention to how many when we put them in the new sump. I did notice a few dead olive snails though. There was a marbled starfish in the sump also and he was fine. I just started doing SPS a few months ago, I might regret that decision...

Think these are the same? I have a Melanarus wrasse in the main tank, hoping he is helping.

http://www.melevsreef.com/aefw.html

Oh my gosh -around February we bought 2 clams, not at the same time, and after a month or two both died, one right after the other. (sad)

Any thoughts on a plan of action?? I have a melanarus wrasse in the DT.

That's how I found out about them. I had a bunch of new clams die within days/weeks. Found mine with a flashlight like Roy.

Archived