Wts Green Cheeked Conure

Mohaynow

A friend of mine is forced to move and cannot take his bird with him. Its a green cheeked conure, a little over 1 year old. It used to be my bird befor I realized that between work and other obsessive hobbies (whistle) I just didnt have time to take proper care of him. But now my friend who has grown quite fond of the little guy has to get rid of him as well (sad). he comes with everything you need (cage, toys and dishes) He's asking $200. Pm me for his contact info.

Baby picture

2010-06-06154728.jpg

2 months old

2010-07-11112602.jpg

a couple days ago

2011-05-24175914.jpg

I bought the bird from a bird breeder in Estacada and my friend has the papers that came with the bird.

Hope this is not too out of line, but only in Oregon could someone need a "loved" one to be taken off their hands because they "are being forced to move and cannot take them with them" and then ask for money!!!

Of course I don't know the situation...but wouldn't it be enough that a loving person would be willing to open their home and give this beautiful bird a home for MANY years. A real commitment. This bird will live for many years.

Either the bird (a member of your family) needs a home (please help) or you are selling something you own...which is it?

Sorry to seem like I am ranting...I am not...

DrMerle

honestly, my friend needs to re-home the bird, he asked for my help and i offerd to put an add up for him. He has put a lot of money into the thing and needs money to help move. sorry if you are not ok with that.

Personally I think it is always best to ask for a fee if you are trying to rehome an animal. It will encourage serious inquiries.Free may lead to an impulse buy. It's a very cute bird by the way. I would love it but I don't have the time it would deserve.

yeah seems a little out of line...and what does oregon have to do with it?...where else can you get a nice bird with cage for free? seems like a very fair price to ensure proper housing.

Not to pile on, but I didn't get why Oregon had to get hit with the.......... excrement. Most people I know love pets. Plus, I'm sure that the cage and everything else aren't cheap, so why not try to recoup some of that money? It's the same as someone tearing down a tank.

Thanks for the link Mitchell, I will pass it along to my friend. And thanks everyone else for understanding why my friend is selling the bird rather than giving it away. I'd take the bird if I had the time to give it the attention that it needs and deserves.

I used to work in a pet a store, and our "store bird" was a green cheek and he was such a great bird. If I were to get a parrot this is the species I would get :)

P.S. Definitely don't give this guy away for free, someone who doesn't have the time or money to take care of him might snatch him up (sad)

Hope this is not too out of line, but only in Oregon could someone need a "loved" one to be taken off their hands because they "are being forced to move and cannot take them with them" and then ask for money!!!

Of course I don't know the situation...but wouldn't it be enough that a loving person would be willing to open theihir home and give this beautiful bird a home for MANY years. A real commitment. This bird will live for many years.

Either the bird (a member of your family) needs a home (please help) or you are selling something you own...which is it?

Sorry to seem like I am ranting...I am not...

DrMerle

So by your reasoning just because you love something and are forced to part with it, you should give it up for free? I mean if you were forced to sell your family car that you all loved for many years and have had lots of trips and memorys with, you should give it away for free because another family is willing to take it? Seems kind of dumb to me and we probably could of done with out that comment. Especially in todays economy, nothing is free.

And your last question that asked if the bird needs a new home or he is selling it which is it. You answered that question before opening the post, the title says Wts...

good luck with the sell looks like an awesome bird!

Like I've said, Its not my bird, it once was but now is not. My friend is forced to move and he cannot take it with him. He wants to sell the bird and I offered to help by posting an ad up. I figured this would be a good place since most of the poeple here understand that certain pets have certain requirements and we should all do research befor purchasing any pet.

I figured this would be a good place since most of the poeple here understand that certain pets have certain requirements and we should all do research befor purchasing any pet.

Thats what I thought you were doing too but I guess birds are higher on the totem and take even MORE special care...come on all animals deserve HUGE commitment!

Archived