OMG MY SEA HARE LAID EGGS!!!!!

cellowithgills

All the stuff is breeding in my baffled tank. There's no fish with them' date=' and there's not a whole lot of flow going through the tank. I won't get my hopes up too high, but but they're pretty much in a predator free area (with tons of hair algae(laugh)).[/quote']

I will keep my fingers crossed. It would be nice if sea hares could be bred in captivity. They are so awesome for hair algae but their life span seems to be so short and hazardous. I have lost several in my vortech sadly.

Well that's easy for me to avoid. I can't afford a vortech(laugh). There's a good and a bad about these baffled tanks. Bad being that the attracted hair algae like nobodies business. Good being that the Sea Hare can't eat it all at once, So I move him every couple of days, and the algae has a chance to grow back. If this keeps going I'll be able to feed him for much much longer.

I've had a few lay eggs in my tank. Sadly they all seemed to keel over and die shortly after... That was with the black ones though. The brown seem to be much hardier and tend to live longer. Mine just survived the freshwater challenge...LMAO He's been around for over a year and going strong...

Archived