My New Wartskin Angler!

Mitchell

I ordered a wartskin angler about a month ago from TCM and it finally came in. I wanted a specific color (light yellow and red), so that's why it took so long.

It sounds like it ate a small damsel yesterday and I have two feeder chromis in the tank for it when it gets hungry again. Does anyone know where I can get cheap feeder fish or shrimp? They need to be pretty small because the angler is only an inch or so long.

If anyone has any tips on caring for it, feel free to let me know because there isn't much information about them on the internet or in books.

Here are a couple pictures of him, isn't he cute?

2011-05-01_15-59-14_617-1.jpg

2011-05-01_16-06-21_20.jpg

2011-05-01_15-59-09_169.jpg

2011-05-01_16-19-53_456.jpg

Sooooo cool. Man I love these, but having my little clowns and goofy fun fish just outweigh the angler. If only the angler wouldn't eat his roommates.

What else is in the tank with it?

I turned my 24 gallon aquapod into an angler tank, the only other fish that are in there are two tiny blue headed chromis that will be angler food. I have my 55 gallon reef with normal fish and wanted something fun and different.

Had an angler in a 14 gal nano tank. Didn't do very good in there. I won't be much help since mine died after a week. Couldn't get him to eat anything. I would try live shrimp if possible in a few days. Possibly shut off any filters or pumps when you feed him. Everything I read about them said to make sure that they don't over eat. There really isn't much info on this fish.

Can't guppies be salt water acclimated? That would probably be the cheapest option.

I had a gold fish once that ate feeder guppies:) The thing was a beast and always very entertaining to feed it for company.

Extremely cool fish!!

Yes they can and thats what I was thinking, plus they bread like crazy so if ya set up a small tank or had them in the sump, you would have plenty of food for the Angler. Cool fish!!!

Yes they can and thats what I was thinking' date=' plus they bread like crazy so if ya set up a small tank or had them in the sump, you would have plenty of food for the Angler. Cool fish!!![/quote']

Was thinking the same thing.

If anyone has any tips on caring for it, feel free to let me know because there isn't much information about them on the internet or in books.

I know this is gonna read wrong but it is what it is-(naughty),

There is something wrong with that sentance-(scratch)

Hope he was cheap-(laugh)

I know this is gonna read wrong but it is what it is-(naughty),

There is something wrong with that sentance-(scratch)

Hope he was cheap-(laugh)

Lol that does sound bad doesn't it? I have done as much research as possible, but there really isn't much info out there like nhowe said. I have wanted an angler since I saw one on live aquaria two years ago and I have been reading about them since. And it was definitely not cheap lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll definitely check petco out.

I'm a little worried about him over eating. He ate a tiny damsel yesterday and he is in a tank with two more tiny damsels. Will he kill himself if he eats the other two tonight? I can't catch the [language filter] damsels to take them out.

I see one damsel swimming around and the other one is probably hiding, so that's good it hasn't eaten them yet. He is sitting right in the open today which is really cool. He keeps on looking at my snails, you don't think he would try to eat one do you?

516346171_photobucket_27794_.jpg

516346171_photobucket_27795_.jpg

Archived