Do not shop at Extreme Corals free flatworms with every purchase

Emerald525

I saw this on r2r and felt the need to pass this along. This is not a vendor on our site but I despise companies that try to take advantage of unsuspecting hobbyists and feel one of the best recourses is word of mouth. I am truly amazed at the nerve and really there is no defense for this. If the vendor says it's an "honest" mistake then how do you trust someone who doesn't know the difference between flatworms and a coloration morph?(nutty)(laugh)

This has been since pulled from their site but it was passed along as a rare spotted favia. Those "spots" are actually flatworms(scary)

Spottedfavia.jpg

Here's the reef2reef link

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-reef-discussions/59367-one-rare-spotted-favia-buyer-beware.html

Here's a "rare" purple hornet rock also on the site. Those don't look anything close to a purple hornet!DOH!

purplehornetrock.jpg

The saltwater hobby is a small world and word gets out quickly in this electronic world. Please know I am careful with criticism as sometimes I think vendors can be unfairly criticized but hard to refute pictorial evidence.

I think its unfair for newbie reefers for sure when it come to flat worms but as far as it being a purple hornet or a purple bumble bee for that matter this is why all these retarded names is lame and you deserve to all get ripped off! your the reason this hobby is so expensive! Thanks all you Tyree wanna beeeeeees! hahahaha

I think its unfair for newbie reefers for sure when it come to flat worms but as far as it being a purple hornet or a purple bumble bee for that matter this is why all these retarded names is lame and you deserve to all get ripped off! your the reason this hobby is so expensive! Thanks all you Tyree wanna beeeeeees! hahahaha

So I'm guessing you don't want a frag of my Tyree Spacemonster paly or pink watermelon chalice? (laugh)

I have a bunch of rare spotted shrooms and such in one of my tanks ;)

Very very elite stuff!

On a serious note, planaria like those flatworms pictured are pretty much harmless photosynthesizers. They can be annoying to look at so most of the time peopl wash them from their corals but they really aren't too bad. Just uggly little buggers. Selling something as a rare spotted coral when in actuality the spots are flatworms is a bit strange. Maybe it's just an honest mistake. Seems like it would have to be lol.

Anyone in the business of selling corals can't chalk that up to an honest mistake, IMO. Either it's fraud, or incompetence - neither are good options. Someone went to the trouble to type "rare spotted". So they either knew it was flatworms and were hoping to pull a fast one, or there is someone in the business of selling corals that can't tell the difference between color spots and flatworms. I wouldn't buy corals from someone that can't tell the difference.

I purchased a colony from Extreme Corals once and had no problems...simultaneously someone was bashing them on another site insisting that they didn't come thru on a shipped coral that was DOA...I felt lucky and never purchased from them again...In fact, I eventually quit buying corals all together from online sites....what, with all the acquantences I've made here, it is safer, less expensive, less stressful, better for the corals and I can cherry pick and make friends at the same time. My coral survival rate is very high since I collect--drive--acclimate--tank corals in a very short time. I'm not lucky with shipped corals...

BTW, high five to Beth for nuclears and free frag...great to meet you and now I know where your tank is!!!! LOL

DrMerle

If they can't tell the different between flatworm and red spot I think they're in the wrong business.

+1 to that

Anyone in the busy of selling corals can't chalk that up to an honest mistake' date=' IMO. Either it's fraud, or incompetence - neither are good options. Someone went to the trouble to type "rare spotted". So they either knew it was flatworms and were hoping to pull a fast one, or there is someone in the business of selling corals that can't tell the difference between color spots and flatworms. I wouldn't buy corals from someone that can't tell the difference.[/quote']

My point exactly honest mistake or not, not a place I would want to do business with.

I purchased a colony from Extreme Corals once and had no problems...simultaneously someone was bashing them on another site insisting that they didn't come thru on a shipped coral that was DOA...I felt lucky and never purchased from them again...In fact, I eventually quit buying corals all together from online sites....what, with all the acquantences I've made here, it is safer, less expensive, less stressful, better for the corals and I can cherry pick and make friends at the same time. My coral survival rate is very high since I collect--drive--acclimate--tank corals in a very short time. I'm not lucky with shipped corals...

BTW, high five to Beth for nuclears and free frag...great to meet you and now I know where your tank is!!!! LOL

DrMerle

Sorry I missed you Merle but gotta work to buy corals! Next time! That rufus is one of my favorites! Grows like a weed and I love the color!

Archived