Finch's SPS Envision

finch6013

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically I suck at taking pics. The color is WAY off and looks very dark in the pics. Go figure, my wife is a part time photographer and I can't even take a decent pic with her camera.

FTS:

DSC_0646.jpg

Left side:

DSC_0648.jpg

Front left:

DSC_0649.jpg

Front Center:

DSC_0650.jpg

Front right:

DSC_0651.jpg

Right side:

DSC_0652.jpg

FTS:

DSC_0653.jpg

My pics don't do it justice and they really don't show the depth in the aquascape. From each angle you can see different shape and caves ect that you cant from another angle. I think I like it so far and I kept in mind the coral I wanted to keep while doing it.

Nice lookin hood! Were you going to put any fans in there or just leave the top open?

For now I will leave the top open and see how it does for heat. If I have to add fans I will most likely do something in the wall behind the tank so it looks clean. The hanging lighting canopy was partly due to heat, as well the fact that I hate climbing into a full tank hood. It's just to much of a hassle to work in and I really like the modern look the tank has overall. It ties in well with the rest of my basement.

Tank is looking good, I like the light very clean. I know what you mean about taking pictures of the scape mine always look like a pile of rocks!

How about some pics of the engine room I want to what running this thing!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some pics of the mechanics behind it all. All the equipment is located behind the tank in the laundry/tank room. Lucky for me it's a larger than normal laundry room and my wife doesn't mind.

Its almost done, I still have a bit of electrical to do and a few odds and ends.

since I am an electrician, and I had all the stuff to do it I ran 3 Dedicated 20A circuits (nutty)

It's a bit overkill since all of the equipment could run on one circuit, but what the heck.

DSC_0771.jpg

2 sunlight supply galaxy 400w select-a-watt ballasts

2 BRS dosers for CA and ALK

The Reef keeper lite will control the dosing, lights, monitor heat, PH, and also shut down the MH's if things get to hot

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

Beside the sump in the corner is the Dart return pump, and the two 4 gallon containers used for holding two part solution. You can also see where I ran the skimmer air intake lines outside to reduce noise and balance PH. I used a dryer vent to cover the penetration on the side of the house and make it look cleaner.

DSC_0774.jpg

Fresh water storage is supplied by the BRS RO/DI mounted on the other side of the room by the washer and dryer. A float valve inside helps reduce the risk of overflows. Coming out of the container is a line for the ATO controlled by an autotopoff. com dual switch. Another line T's off from that with ball valves to allow me to fill up my make up water container and my wife's fresh water tank.

DSC_0775.jpg

Skimmer is a beast! It's been running for about a week now and considering the very small bioload on the tank, has almost filled the large collection cup.

DSC_0776.jpg

Very nice looking. I was wondering why the 3 20 amps, but hey, its what you do so why not-I plan to run a sub panel off the "no longer being used" double pull that I installed for my hot tub (thats for sale-plug)

Be honest, you have the extra breakers for the "future build"-(laugh)

Anyway back to topic....

Looks great

Found some pics on my wife's memory card while looking at a wedding and engagement shoot she did recently for a client.

candid6.jpg

candid7.jpg

Some of the clean up crew after a visit to The Premium Aquarium. Thanks Garrett!

candid8.jpg

I got two of these Bartlett Anthias from Ed's Reef

candid9.jpg

candid0.jpg

Thanks J-Dog. I am really liking the size of the tank so far. It's just big enough to provide space for fish and coral but not so big that it's a chore to maintain. Hopefully I will be adding coral in a few weeks. I want to make sure that everything is running right and that parameters are on first.