And now, the end is here

And so (my aquarium) faces the final curtain

My friend, I'll say it clear

I'll state my case of which I'm certain

It's lived a life that's full

It's (metaphorically) traveled each and every highway

And more, much more than this, I did it the DIY-way

(nutty)

The recirc pump on my skimmer seized up and I just don't have the time or inclination to replace it. It's time for me to take a break from the hobby. I'm kind'a sad about it (sad) but also kind'a relieved.

So, time to get rid of it all. The usual rules apply... livestock before equipment, cash only, live pick-up only (no deliveries or mailing), first come, first served. I can get more pictures of stuff if you really need them, but *please* don't ask me for photos of things like the $5 Kenya Tree (laugh)

I'm open to offers, but I think the prices are pretty fair overall; if I'm out in the weeds let me know, but no lowballing.

And please, reply via PM

So, here's the list:

HARDWARE

[sOLD!]Catalina dual-150W MH ballast with gull-wing reflectors and shield glass, includes 2 Phoenix 14K bulbs with plenty of life in them: $50

[sOLD!]Neptune Aquacontroller Jr. (new style) with serial port, float-switch breakout box, RS-232 serial cable, ground isolated serial connector and DC-8 AC interface. Will include Aqualifter pump as ATO. Needs new float-switch and temp probe. No pH probe: $125

Euroreef RC-135-style DIY skimmer with extended neck. Skims like a banshee, needs a new recirc pump (Sedra 3500-class needle or meshwheel will plug right in). Includes Maxijet 900/1200? feed pump: $50

DIY Kalk reactor (2 gal capacity). Comes with Eheim recirc pump that will need a new impeller pretty soon: $25

[sOLD!]Air/Water/Ice Typhoon Reefkeeper 5-Stage RO/DI w/ TDS meter (needs new carts) $50

[sOLD!]Mag-10 pump: $25

[sale pending]Stealth heater (250W?): $10

[sOLD!]MD Refractometer: $25

[sale pending]20-gal long glass aquarium sump, 2 compartment: $10

[sale pending]55gal Acrylic tank w/ stand and hood. Aquarium is drilled and pretty scratched up, stand is… esthetically challenged: $50

[sale pending]Advance RC-2S85-TP Magnetic VHO Ballast: $10

[sale pending]Icecap 660, that may or may not work. I don't have bulbs to test it with: $negotiable

LIVESTOCK

[sOLD!]~50 pounds of nice live rock. Some big pieces, covered in coralline, sponges, pods, etc. Full disclosure: there are two aiptasia on rock, not an infestation: $1/pound

[sOLD!]4" Yellow Tang (this is Fred, the coolest fish in the world) $20

[sOLD!]Pink-spot Watchman Goby $5

[sOLD!]Big! Banggai Cardinal $10 (probably the biggest Banggai you've ever seen)

[sOLD!]2x 3" Squarespot Anthias $30 for the pair (1 female, 1 male)

[sOLD!]large Green star polyps colony $10

[sOLD!]Armor of God paly colony (~20 polyps on a good-size rock) $20

[sOLD!]large Devil's Hand colony $10

[sOLD!]Kenya Tree colony $5

[sOLD!]Green Psammocora contigua colony (~4" x 6" encrusting a good-sized rock) $20

[sOLD!]Green pocillopora colony $5

Skimmer skims!

DSC_1359.JPG

Tank & stand:

IMG_6995.jpg

Some sweet deals here. If this was a glass tank, I'd be all over it.

Duel 150 DE mh's for $50???

Yup, with no skimmer I'm racing the clock. Figure I'll have to do a significant waterchange each week to keep it healthy...

Neptune Aquacontroller Jr. (new style) with serial port, float-switch breakout box, RS-232 serial cable, ground isolated serial connector and DC-8 AC interface. Will include Aqualifter pump as ATO. Needs new float-switch and temp probe. No pH probe: $125

MD Refractometer Ill take that as well !!!!!

Can you post a pic or send me one on 3609075403 or countriboy@gmail.com if thats what i think it is then ill take it !!!

thanks

serge

Figures......is there any way you can send me a pic of it? Any test kits' date=' suplements,GFO,Carbon ect.. Any kalk left? Thanks Harold[/quote']

Here's a pic of the reactor. I have a couple of pounds of Mrs. Wages too.

post-81-141867759204_thumb.jpg

Very nice deals Andy. Sorry to see you leaving the hobby. The forum is not the same without you.

Thanks Kim, I'm sure I'll be back someday.. once the salt gets into the bloodstream, it never leaves completely ;-)

We will miss ya Andy! Hope you come back someday. I loved how people would get into a heated debate and you would interject a completely unrelated comment. You

were often the voice of rationality in this age of unsubstantiated hype. You are the inspiration for my Platonic Moose Lovers group!